No Married With Child, But Not Over 50

Hello

I am 32, not married, with child, at the moment I hold a non immigrant B visa, not extendble, expires on the 15th of February.

I decided not to open a business here no more, I am beginning to dislike the situation.

I have a daughter about 3 and half months old, her birth certificate state that I am the father, but in Amper they told us that untill she is not old enough to declare that I am her father, lives togheter and etc, she keeps her mother surname. I think is crazy, but they said is because I am a foreigner, child of both Thais old the surname of the father.

But aniway, before she was born me and my girlfriend tought that was one of the visa possibility( we dont want to get married) also if look like to be the easier. (But my Embassy asked for tons of documents, that has to came from my country, my both parents are not alive no more, no friends, is more than 12 years that I left, been working abroad since then, I dont have even an address, so I think get hold of all the documents they want is a long process, and very expensive too, they dont provide the service).

I work here in Asia( no Thailand)my clients dont have interest, I am a freelance marketing consultant, for a foreign company, so part of the year I travel, and a good other part of the year I relax and now I just spend beautifull time with my daughter.

So on the 15th I am going to the Thai Embassy in Laos, wich kind of visa I can request. I think only a tourist or one to vit a family member,

Documents that I have:

Passport( holding a non immigrant )

Birth certificate of my Daughter( with mother surname )

TabienBan( not mine)

Statement from the Bank for the last 6 month showing money coming from abroad( multiple transfers from companyes), this are the fees paid to me, about 800,000 baht.

Multiple contracts from the company for my service, for the above fees.

I think is all.

Thanks in advance for any Help.

English is not my first language, sorry for any mistakes

I have a daughter about 3 and half months old, her birth certificate state that I am the father, but in Amper they told us that untill she is not old enough to declare that I am her father, lives togheter and etc,

Look at this topic, particularly post #7-10. This seems to fit your case exactly. With your girl too young to sign, a court will have to sign on her behalf.

Good luck!

--

Maestro

Hi Maestro,

If you can post the link,

Thanks for your help.

I saw a tread I while ago about this topic, a visa to support a thai Child, and says with the new rules, only not married over 50 years old can obtain a visa to support his own child. Is the same are you talking about?

It is normal, I mean by the rules, that a child born from a farang an a thai not maried copples, receives the mother surname?

Really at the beginning I didnt believe, when my child was born her mother was not very well, so my mother in law went to the amper and did all the registration practise, so after one week I saw not my surname on the birth certificate.

I tought was her mistake or a civil servant mistake, the mother in law told me that they said, only if we get married we can change the surname.t wait

So i went by myself ant had confirm, we dont need to get married, if we dont whish but just woait for the child to be old enough to affirm that we live togheter, my name, where I am from etc.

I used to live in Spain and I remeber, that in case of mixed couple thay use to enquiry if the father and mother, really leaved togheter, ask to neighbours, visit the house, even ceck with the family doctor, to see If was a fake. I tought that was to drastic, but now I think is a lot better (free) and easy, if you are onest.

thanks

I have a daughter about 3 and half months old, her birth certificate state that I am the father, but in Amper they told us that untill she is not old enough to declare that I am her father, lives togheter and etc,

Look at this topic, particularly post #7-10. This seems to fit your case exactly. With your girl too young to sign, a court will have to sign on her behalf.

Good luck!

--

Maestro

You are in your 30's, so the one year extension of stay based on having a Thai child, does not work in your case.

The only extension you can get based on having a Thai child is 60 days. Your name will need to be on the birth certificate.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Good luck!

--

Maestro

You are in your 30's, so the one year extension of stay based on having a Thai child, does not work in your case.

The only extension you can get based on having a Thai child is 60 days. Your name will need to be on the birth certificate.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Hi, Maestro and Sunbelt,

tank you so far for the help,

yes my name is on the birth certificate,

I can extend the visa I have now non immigrant B, or I need to go to a Thai Embassy abroad to get a new one, and then apply for an extension for this new Visa, by the way which is the name of this Visa, Non immigrant?....

Thank you

Hi, Maestro and Sunbelt,

I can extend the visa I have now non immigrant B, or I need to go to a Thai Embassy abroad to get a new one, and then apply for an extension for this new Visa, by the way which is the name of this Visa, Non immigrant?....

Thank you

You apply to visit your child before you leave Thailand. You will get an extra 60 days in Thailand.

After that 60 days, you will need to go to a Thai Embassy Consulate and try to get a non immigrant visa.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Hi, Maestro and Sunbelt,

Thank you

You apply to visit your child before you leave Thailand. You will get an extra 60 days in Thailand.

After that 60 days, you will need to go to a Thai Embassy Consulate and try to get a non immigrant visa.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

O.k. thank you very much.

For which Visa I need to apply from a Embassy abroad, there is some kind of specific non-immigrant visas?

My business travel in Asia, will begin in May, between one and three weeks per destination.

The desination are this:

Taiwan

South Korea

Singapore

China

Malaysia

Hongkonk( If needed I can easy stop over )

may be Philippine and Vietnam- not confirmed yet

You know if any of this place are Visa friendly, before I used always a V.O.A., and when I was not working just visa run.

Before I use to live in Trat near KoChang, so I use to go to Hat Lek,

Now I live in UbonRatchatani so I think , I will use the border near by with Laos.

For which Visa I need to apply from a Embassy abroad, there is some kind of specific non-immigrant visas?

My business travel in Asia, will begin in May, between one and three weeks per destination.

The desination are this:

Taiwan

South Korea

Singapore

China

Malaysia

You know if any of this place are Visa friendly, before I used always a V.O.A., and when I was not working just visa run.

Now I live in UbonRatchatani so I think , I will use the border near by with Laos.

Sorry

I saw just now, in another thread, that on the application form, Where says purpose of visit, I should write visit Family members.

That visa is a non immigrant-O-right? so 3 months right?

The desination are this:

Taiwan

South Korea

Singapore

China

Malaysia

Sorry

I saw just now, in another thread, that on the application form, Where says purpose of visit, I should write visit Family members.

That visa is a non immigrant-O-right? so 3 months right?

That's the one :o

Hello

I am 32, not married, with child, at the moment I hold a non immigrant B visa, not extendble, expires on the 15th of February.

I decided not to open a business here no more, I am beginning to dislike the situation.

I have a daughter about 3 and half months old, her birth certificate state that I am the father, but in Amper they told us that untill she is not old enough to declare that I am her father, lives togheter and etc, she keeps her mother surname. I think is crazy, but they said is because I am a foreigner, child of both Thais old the surname of the father.

But aniway, before she was born me and my girlfriend tought that was one of the visa possibility( we dont want to get married) also if look like to be the easier. (But my Embassy asked for tons of documents, that has to came from my country, my both parents are not alive no more, no friends, is more than 12 years that I left, been working abroad since then, I dont have even an address, so I think get hold of all the documents they want is a long process, and very expensive too, they dont provide the service).

I work here in Asia( no Thailand)my clients dont have interest, I am a freelance marketing consultant, for a foreign company, so part of the year I travel, and a good other part of the year I relax and now I just spend beautifull time with my daughter.

So on the 15th I am going to the Thai Embassy in Laos, wich kind of visa I can request. I think only a tourist or one to vit a family member,

Documents that I have:

TabienBan( not mine)

Statement from the Bank for the last 6 month showing money coming from abroad( multiple transfers from companyes), this are the fees paid to me, about 800,000 baht.

I think is all.

I am very sorry to say this.I think you were lied to.I have a daughter from my ex-girlfriend bearing my surname in all her papers.I know of another guy who was scamed this same way,and now the wife is dead her family told the guy he is not the father of the child.Good luck anyway.

Hello

Documents that I have:

TabienBan( not mine)

I think is all.

I am very sorry to say this.I think you were lied to.I have a daughter from my ex-girlfriend bearing my surname in all her papers.I know of another guy who was scamed this same way,and now the wife is dead her family told the guy he is not the father of the child.Good luck anyway.

Hi Phil2,

Was my first Idea, when i saw the paper.

I tought, the mother in law did the scam or mistake. Me and My girlfriend, made jokes for months about the name and surname togheter.

We thinked that was automatic that she got my surname,

So I didnt accuse the mother in law straight away, but after a while, I went to ask to Amper by myself, and they confirmed, If we was married no problem, or when the child will be old enough to reconize me as father, ok no problem also.

I will try to post in the section family and child, to see what came out.

One suspect could be, mother in law went by herself, with my passport, probabily she knows people in the amper,

so when I went by myself, they just repeated the lie to me.

Just yesterday, i went back to the Amper, because in the tabien ban and the birth certificate yes there is my name, nationality and age,but there is not my passport number.

So I went to enquiry if was a mistake, likely possible, from the ammount of time that they spend eating gossiping and pratcising the art of change make up.

Come out that is not a mistake, that is normal, but i requested, that THEY WRITE DOWN ON THE DOCUMENTS the reasons, including name and telephone number of the person in charge.

Just in case wen I go to ask for extend my visa, If there are problem in the immigration they can solve by themself.

My mother in law, knows me very well, and knows that I dont say maibelai when I feel I am cheated on my rights,

but everything can be.

I just spend days in governement office, going 8.00 am and living 1600 pm untill they didnt do what they havent done in first place.(This in my country)

So, if I have the prove, I will do also here, is quite fun, makes many friends, and they fix their mistakes in the end.

When we went in the Amper the second time, all the busy employee womans ask to my girlfriend, Why doesnt she married me, she felt like a strange thai women( that she doesnt make me married, like is so stupid), I told the womens that I have a loan for 100 million baht, and in the eventually I die, It's better we are not married. Some body will have to pay.

I dont know If they belived, but they were green of envy.

May be they will refer to mother in Law. haha