Prayuth World Tour Announced For October

Jonathan Fairfield

Prayuth World Tour Announced For October

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

k2.jpg

Junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha attends a summit in January in India. Image: ThaiGov

BANGKOK — Junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha is set to visit four nations and attend two prominent summits next month, the government announced Friday.

According to the schedule released by the Government House, the junta chief will be in Japan on Oct. 8-9, where he will join a conference on cooperation among Mekong River nations. Just two days later, Oct. 11, he will meet with other Asean leaders in Indonesia.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2018/09/22/prayuth-world-tour-announced-for-october/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-09-22

8 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Now this is news !...I'm sure his speeches at the world tour,  would be more entertaining then any Rolling Stones or Pink Floyd world tour...

A Judas Priest tour, on the other hand...

5 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

I meant the total civil unrest, I didn't come to Thailand for drama.

Not sure how long you have lived in Thailand but if you care to Google the civil unrest that has already occurred in recent times since 2006, then maybe you made the wrong choice. Prior to that then it was 1992 for exactly the same reasons and drivers. As I said there are many parallels.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

Not sure how long you have lived in Thailand but if you care to Google the civil unrest that has already occurred in recent times since 2006, then maybe you made the wrong choice. Prior to that then it was 1992 for exactly the same reasons and drivers. As I said there are many parallels.

About 12 out of the last 15 yrs (contract worker). I lived here during a lot of the drama but never in Bangkok. The Romanian revolution caused 'country' wide civil unrest and that's what I'm saying I wouldn't want to happen. And like Prayut, I'm in it for the long haul - rain or shine.

5 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

Then good for you and let's all hope that political persuasion will one day take precedence over rule by gun which has prevailed for far too long.

The army's well settled in , can do what they want with impunity  , pivoting to totalitarian China, succession gone well Thai people back in their boxes scratching a living best they can. Have to hand it to the elite they have made a good job of brainwashing the populace into a virtual slave mentality. Massa he treat me real good. Many may fester inside but they know the price for stepping out of line. At least there's no bloodshed or chance of a civil war and for that we must be grateful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

The army's well settled in , can do what they want with impunity  , pivoting to totalitarian China, succession gone well Thai people back in their boxes scratching a living best they can. Have to hand it to the elite they have made a good job of brainwashing the populace into a virtual slave mentality. Massa he treat me real good. Many may fester inside but they know the price for stepping out of line. At least there's no bloodshed or chance of a civil war and for that we must be grateful. 

The military is well settled in. 

Ya think? 

Since the 1940s, even under those rare moments of faux democracy they still pull the strings.

Woo hoo! A world tour!

After he appointed himself as PM he went on a world tour, it was to all the African and Middle East tinpot dictatorship countries to try to drum up business. Nothing was ever reported of his results because there weren't any.

This looks like a case of him moving up from the bottom and working his way to the top. If you call Germany and Belgium the top??

• Like 1