UK opposition leader will back second Brexit vote if party wants it

webfact

18 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Yes, the Scandinavians have no issues with immigration (foreigners)...

25 September 2018

Sweden's centre-left prime minister, Stefan Lofven, will have to stand down after losing the support of parliament.

The anti-immigration Sweden Democrats (SD) backed the vote to remove him, weeks after a general election that delivered a hung parliament.

Eh. I have always thought that Swedish model 'We love immigration' has been a failure. It's something my country of origin has managed to avoid. UK hasn't, too bad for you. 

That is not what we want from EU. That is what the folks against EU say we want.

Work based immigration is fine. It's actually beneficiary to get in people who come to work. It's the beneficiary based immigration, which is not good for our societies. 

There is clearly a great difference how we see our EU and how it benefits us.

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

"with all the facts being known"?

Which facts are known about a post-Brexit Britain?

What's actually happening is the Remain camp are trying to put the fear of God into Leavers, have a quick 2nd ref, and hope enough of them have been frightened into changing their minds.

The facts that surround a no-deal Brexit for example. The facts on whether you will be able to live and travel freely throughout EU countries. The facts about trade deals and tariffs. The facts of how a no-deal Brexit will effect UK manufacturers or banks and financial institutions; on customs and citizens rights. What is the actual effect of adopting WTO rules and regulations rather than a trade deal with the EU for example?

At no stage in time during the Leave campaign was a no-deal scenario ever even mentioned. In fact it has only been fairly recent that a no-deal scenario has come to the fore. Among their many lies the Leave campaign told (and yes, I know the Remain lot weren't much better) was a rosy picture of the UK getting to pick and choose whatever laws and trade deals suited the country best with the idea that the EU needed us much more than we needed them. Well this is looking increasingly spurious as we reach the eleventh hour and although you might be quite correct in that it could all just be scare-mongering, it seems many independents economists and businesses don't agree with you.

If we are knowingly walking off a cliff, wouldn't you want the chance to stop that?     

10 minutes ago, oilinki said:

We can also logically think that EU countries should take and fight for the UK financial sector services. It would be stupid not to take those service profits away from UK.

Go for it!  London, NY and HK are the financial hubs of the world and always will be. It's fantasy to think that will change after March 2019.

Don't forget, with more independence the UK government will be free to offer incentives to companies to maintain this position, if necessary.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Go for it!  London, NY and HK are the financial hubs of the world and always will be. It's fantasy to think that will change after March 2019.

Don't forget, with more independence the UK government will be free to offer incentives to companies to maintain this position, if necessary.

I'm sure we'll really go for it as you lost your greatest asset, access to the EU markets.

I'm also confident that you are aware that our nations are now able to service our future customers in English.

Heck, in my country the foreign companies are currently able to do their taxes in Chinese, if they prefer that language. I guess some will. Talk about good services! 

13 minutes ago, oilinki said:

I'm sure we'll really go for it as you lost your greatest asset, access to the EU markets.

I'm also confident that you are aware that our nations are now able to service our future customers in English.

Heck, in my country the foreign companies are currently able to do their taxes in Chinese, if they prefer that language. I guess some will. Talk about good services! 

Let me know when the first multi-billion dollar hedge fund manager has moved to Helsinki :thumbsup:

37 minutes ago, My Thai Life said:

Really? I thought your knowledge of your country's politics would be better than your knowledge of my country's politics.

Olli Immonen, one of the party's MPs, wrote of what he called "this nightmare called multiculturalism" on his Facebook page, adding: "We will fight until the end for our homeland and one true Finnish nation."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34185297

And just to put Finland's immigration into perspective.

I just had a twitter chat with Olli's boss, the leader of that party, Jussi, yesterday. 

I do think their party is full of lefties, who have strong fear of foreigners. Their party is what I call 'Home Ruskies'. People who are willing to destroy my country in order to advance their politics. 

They don't really like, when we call out their history. 

8 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Let me know when the first multi-billion dollar hedge fund manager has moved to Helsinki :thumbsup:

I don't know if that is going to happen, but I do know that we have people who are actively marketing my country as the gateway to Europe. After all Finland is the closest location in Europe to most of Asia. We have that advantage. 

Hopefully you also noticed the news of EU getting rid of summertime changes. China and Finland has during summers 5 hour time difference. With India we have 2.5 hours. Rather ok for intercontinental business. 

21 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Even if nothing is agreed, the medium to long term impact of no deal is impossible to predict.  A lot of those economists overlook the positive impacts that may unfold. And generally the big businesses are only focussed on their short term interests.

None will know for sure what is going to happen, but we can still make predictions what is likely to happen. 

The fact that UK is going to isolate itself from her previously closest partner for the last 40 years, is obviously going to hurt her rather seriously. That's not rocket science. 

2 minutes ago, oilinki said:

I don't know if that is going to happen, but I do know that we have people who are actively marketing my country as the gateway to Europe. After all Finland is the closest location in Europe to most of Asia. We have that advantage. 

Hopefully you also noticed the news of EU getting rid of summertime changes. China and Finland has during summers 5 hour time difference. With India we have 2.5 hours. Rather ok for intercontinental business. 

Good luck to Finland.  It's great to have ambition, and to use any advantages you have.

My local grocery shop have expanded and now have ample parking spaces.  They recently sourced a supplier of excellent cucumbers. They'll do well, but they won't put Tesco out of business.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, oilinki said:

I beg your p,

Finland closer to Asia than Russia, Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria. Turkey, Cyprus

give me a b

12 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

I beg your p,

Finland closer to Asia than Russia, Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria. Turkey, Cyprus

give me a b

Yes she really is. That's when we believe Earth being a globe and not being flat ????

Flight from Hong Kong to Central Europe goes over Finland, 1.5 hours before it lands. Rather annoying feature when traveling to Finland and knowing that one must travel all the way back later on. 

Russia would be naturally closer, but it will never be part of EU.

20 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Good luck to Finland.  It's great to have ambition, and to use any advantages you have.

My local grocery shop have expanded and now have ample parking spaces.  They recently sourced a supplier of excellent cucumbers. They'll do well, but they won't put Tesco out of business.

Good luck to you and I hope you enjoy your excellent cucumbers ????  You should be able to enjoy your life even in the future. 

6 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Yes she really is. That's when we believe Earth being a globe and not being flat ????

Flight from Hong Kong to Central Europe goes over Finland, 1.5 hours before it lands. Rather annoying feature when traveling to Finland and knowing that one must travel all the way back later on. 

Russia would be naturally closer, but it will never be part of EU.

????????????

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Iran is Asia

Pakistan is Asia

Turkey is Europe

Ukraine is Europe

flights from T and U to I and P

are way shorter than any flights from Finland to same destinations

Just now, melvinmelvin said:

????????????

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Iran is Asia

Pakistan is Asia

Turkey is Europe

Ukraine is Europe

flights from T and U to I and P

are way shorter than any flights from Finland to same destinations

Being part of EU means having access to EU's internal market. 

That is what is important. Not just geography and how countries belong to different continents.