Work permit

I have just arrived from the UK and I am applying for a work permit through the school that I'm teaching at. My problem is that my middle name is on my passport, but missing from my degree certificate. I have been told by different people that I can make an appointment at the British Embassy and have it verified there quite easily, but I have also been told that they don't do that anymore. I would be very grateful for any help anyone can give me.

6 hours ago, kaizbkk said:

I had the same problem. All I did was went to my embassy (US) and got an affidavit that said the name on the degree and name in the passport was the same person.

That might work. But the UK embassy might not let him do the affirmation. I guess he could try contacting the embassy about doing it.

Had a Middle name on my Birth Certificate which is not in my Passport. Needed the Birth Cert to apply for a Yellow Book. My Embassy issued a letter (“To whom it may concern”) stating that according to Austrian law the use of Middle Names is the bearer’s sole decision. Was accepted.

Thank you so much for your input, guys. I have made an appointment at the embassy, just in case. @Rastaputin I've had a few friends that have done that here, but from the British Embassy website things changed in June this year. I'm also having problems with the CRB check as I haven't lived in the UK for the last 10 years.