Breaking News: British cave divers also rescued four trapped Thai rescuers in Tham Luang Cave

snoop1130

6 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I remember Ronnie Pickering, as in, "Who?", "Ronnie who?".

That was why I asked, Ronnie who?

The guy who was floored - is that the same Ronnie Pickering as below? Looks different to me:

It's the same guy. In your video he's gobbing off to an old, slightly built motorcyclist. The video went viral and it all went to his head and he convinced himself that he was invincible.

My video shows what happens to a gobby git, when he gets ideas above his station. Maybe a salutary lesson for some TVF posters!

Edited by Spidey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Absolutely nothing to do with the four guys in the OP who had got lost, trapped and rescued before the Thai Navy Seals arrived.

Impossibe, since the Navy UD men were on call early Monday morning, 25 June, when the cave entrance was already running with water and it was 3 days or more later before the rescuing Brits made inroads. Without wanting to debate the point further, I would be interested to know the basis for your above statement.

19 minutes ago, Ossy said:

Impossibe, since the Navy UD men were on call early Monday morning, 25 June, when the cave entrance was already running with water and it was 3 days or more later before the rescuing Brits made inroads. Without wanting to debate the point further, I would be interested to know the basis for your above statement.

I can't believe that it's the same person that admonished 2 posters for trying to pick holes in the minutiae of a post, and now you're doing it yourself! 555

Edited by Spidey

36 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I can't believe that it's the same person that admonished 2 posters for trying to pick holes in the minutiae of a post, and now you're doing it yourself!

Yes, it's the same person but the context, here, is much more clear-cut. For you to expect clearly incorrect statements to be read and accepted, without question, renders worthless the entire forum dynamic of healthy debate.

Your and S's Lof spat, yesterday, was caused by another poster's innocent - and a little careless, maybe - assumption that the 4 rescued Thais had left the scene quietly in order to avoid criticism and resulting LoF, an idea that you may have repeated and wh got S's hackles up . . . a matter of a careless remark being misinterpreted and, like a rolling snowball, unfortunately, gathering snow.

Today, in your earlier post, you refer, as if fact-based and clearly the point of your post, to the 4 Thais 'who had got lost, trapped and rescued before the Thai Navy Seals arrived.' I questioned this, since it was clearly impossible, with the UK rescuers getting there 3 days afterwards. Was that, in your view, wrong of me? Further, don't you think that all posters should question the impossible? Come on, Spidey . . . play fair.

Edited by Ossy
omisson

38 minutes ago, Ossy said:

Yes, it's the same person but the context, here, is much more clear-cut. For you to expect clearly incorrect statements to be read and accepted, without question, renders worthless the entire forum dynamic of healthy debate.

Your and S's Lof spat, yesterday, was caused by another poster's innocent - and a little careless, maybe - assumption that the 4 rescued Thais had left the scene quietly in order to avoid criticism and resulting LoF, an idea that you may have repeated and wh got S's hackles up . . . a matter of a careless remark being misinterpreted and, like a rolling snowball, unfortunately, gathering snow.

Today, in your earlier post, you refer, as if fact-based and clearly the point of your post, to the 4 Thais 'who had got lost, trapped and rescued before the Thai Navy Seals arrived.' I questioned this, since it was clearly impossible, with the UK rescuers getting there 3 days afterwards. Was that, in your view, wrong of me? Further, don't you think that all posters should question the impossible? Come on, Spidey . . . play fair.

Both yesterday and today what was questioned was an irrelevance in my posts. Read today's post again, was it really relevant to the post whether or not the Navy Seals arrived before or after the four water workers were rescued? Which is why I used the term nit picking.