Janice Dickinson Addresses Bill Cosby Sentencing: ''The Rape Is Etched Into My Soul''

snoop1130

Janice Dickinson Addresses Bill Cosby Sentencing: ''The Rape Is Etched Into My Soul''

by CYDNEY CONTRERAS

rs_560x415-141202100617-1024.janice-dickinson-Bill-Cosby-JR-102114_copy.jpg

Michael Loccisano/D Dipasupil/Getty Image

Bill Cosby may have been sent to prison for his crimes, but Janice Dickinson will still "never be the same."

Following Cosby's sentencing on Tuesday, the actress released a statement about the trauma she endured under the hand of the comedian, who she alleges raped her.

"The harrowing memory of the rape continues to this day," she said. "I have reoccurring nightmares, I wake up in fear, I fear the dark. I struggle to discuss this even with my beloved husband of 6 years."

The statement, which she hoped to read in court, continued, "The rape shattered my ability to trust. 

Full Story: https://www.eonline.com/news/971900/janice-dickinson-addresses-bill-cosby-sentencing-the-rape-is-etched-into-my-soul

just see her face - full of hate and ugly for this reason only

she even refuses to feel better now when he is (rightfully) in prison

I think her reaction to the rape is what made her life bad more than the rape itself

clinging to make him (not her reaction) responsible for all her bad luck in life

I am not saying she did not suffer and not trying to defend Cosby

You can always decide to go on with your life and live with what happened - 

or stick to the bad memory and foster it and blame it for everything bad after it happened

There was a woman, raped by Roman Polansky 

- she said it was so long ago she did not need him prosecuted - she forgave

I think she is much better of

37 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

just see her face - full of hate and blame ugly for this reason only

I think her reaction to the rape is what made her life bad more than the rape itself

clinging to make him (not her reaction) responsible for all her bad luck in life

She could  decide to go on with her life and live with what happened - 

or stick to the bad memory and foster it and blame it for everything instead of taking responsibility herself  for her life.

10 hours ago, sweatalot said:

just see her face - full of hate and ugly for this reason only

You can always decide to go on with your life and live with what happened - 

or stick to the bad memory and foster it and blame it for everything bad after it happened

So easy to say.  It is yet another thing to go through such an experience in her shoes.    

Even if you are her analyst, she's entitled to her feelings that were caused by a painful experience.  Each person is more fragile and vulnerable in different ways and from different kinds of experiences.  

Your Polansky analogy is a false one.  They are different victims who experienced different kinds of assaults, which may have affected them differently due each to their psychological makeup and age, and perhaps Polansky's victim received better support from friends, family and others.  We just don't know and that's the point.     

I agree with you that it would be better for her to let go of the experience, but she's having a tough time with it for reasons we cannot know and fathom.  I am willing to believe that you have meant well, but I think you could have couched your statements with more compassion and understanding.

In a nutshell, it is not so easy to judge, if at all.  

There is no doubt in my mind, that Cosby is as guilty as they come. And a man in his position did not need to do what he did. He could have gotten as much action as he wanted, with his fame, fortune and power. Yet, he preyed on women anyway. What he did was unforgivable. By the women he betrayed, and also by society. I am thrilled he is going to prison, and I hope he dies there, which I am certain he will. He is simply getting what he deserves. His dying days in the slammer. And he will not get much sympathy from this fellow inmates, who do not look kindly upon such acts. Good good.