TrueMove 49 baht 2 mbs, unlimited

HamonRye

We are currently cycling in Issan after just entering Thailand so the last couple of days, i've been meaning to get a sim and hooked up to 4g .

So we walk into a restaurant today and asked if they had wifi. No was the awnser.

Sitting at the other tables was a large group of thais all wearing true move tshirts and they offered me a sim for 49 baht and told me it was 2 mbs speed and unlimited for a 1 month period. They took my photo, passport details etc, and i'm using it now.

Yesterday a lady in a phone shop gave me details for a 1 month unlimited deal, 1 mbs speed for 300 baht.

So what package am i on exactly and why the big difference?  

Cheers

Load the App called True iService onto your phone this will allow you to view your account and active promotion info as well as allow you to activate additional data packages... If you need more money on your account just go to any 7-11 and ask the cashier to add money to your phone sim (he/she will ask you to key in your cell phone number after you give the money)

Edited by sfokevin

seen the Truemove lot everywhere here the past week promoting something

went to top up my phone today via the app and all the tariffs have changed, not sure if it's a coincidence, seems to be less choice than before, especially for those wanting mobile data lasting 30 days not 7

1 hour ago, 2008bangkok said:

I brought a True sim from Lazada 4mbps unlimited for 12 months 1300 baht. If you will be here for a while you should check it out.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sim-net-true-4g-unlimited-4mbps-i168815776-s209272320.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.174c5971C5eZqB&search=1

I have seen thesis on Lazada and interested in getting one for my iPad... once received how does one activate it?... Do you need to go to a Truemove store? Or can you activate online somehow?

It's obviously a promo to gain market share.

Are you cycling for more than a month? If not, why are you asking about additional packages?

The cost is actually 321 baht, as the quote of 300 does not include VAT..

If you are in Thailand for a few months, it cheaper to buy another SIM; https://www.lazada.co.th/products/6-200gb100gb-1mbps-31052562-i112968290-s116259323.html

If you need more speed, you can purchase a 6 Mbps(750kB/s) 90 day package for 1070 baht, in total.

More than that, a 10 Mbps(1.25 MB/s) 90 day package for 1445.50 baht.

On 9/28/2018 at 2:06 PM, sfokevin said:

I have seen thesis on Lazada and interested in getting one for my iPad... once received how does one activate it?... Do you need to go to a Truemove store? Or can you activate online somehow?

Once you get the sim just go to True shop to register the sim thats required by goverment and then pop it in it will all be done for you.You wont even need to top it up if you dont want to as everything is good for 1 yr.

• Thanks 1