Mop buckets - am I missing the point?

RickG16

1 hour ago, kekalot said:

i am curious to know if this is a joke post or not.. my friend up north kept buying the spinner mops and they would always break.. I could go for something like this but while I was gone for a few months some genius handyman decided to PAINT the floor here using gray wall paint and I within an hour of moving back in I had already pieces of it flaking off.

wonder what that steamer thing would do to it.

I brought one back with me from my home country as I travel back and forth alot.  Misses was against it as per usual but now loves it.  Drys in 5min and dont need to add chemicals.  Floors are real clean as the steam mop is good for cleaning oil grime.  Great too for stone kitchen benchtops.  Attached is pic of mine

20180928_180726.jpg

I kinda wonder in this day and age if galvanised steel buckets with wringer rollers and a handle (which is what I am sure he wants) are even still available "back home" anywhere, including wherever his back home is.  My mother had one 40 or 60 years ago.  I may be wrong but I don't think they would sell almost anywhere in the world against a spin mop & bucket all made of plastic and possibly at 1/4 or less than the price of the galvanised steel model.  We have bought spin mops here and they work well for a while and then the gear mechanism for the spin dies.  Usually the plastic teeth on the wheel or the straight bit they mesh with, break or start slipping.  But they work nicely while they are new.  Got a couple of broken ones here somewhere, one lime green, one purple.

See on Amazon.com......several others available as well, shipping to Thailand.

Behrens Galvanized Mop Bucket with Rollers, 3-Gallon

by Behrens

Eligible for Shipping to Thailand

$30.35$ 30 35

3.8 out of 5 stars 183

Product Features

image.jpeg.5a066273cad5be9889cd253210b34f23.jpeg

available at Makro under Blackman label.

A decent mop is what's really hard to find. Found this on the internet @

http://www.rubbermaidthailand.com/cleaning/wet-mop-handles.html

Best mop I've ever owned, here or anywhere else. Well worth the money, very durable.

FGH125000000 - Invader® Side Gate Wet Mop Handle, Large Yellow Plastic Head, Gray Aluminum Handle

FGH125000000 - Invader® Side Gate Wet Mop Handle, Large Yellow Plastic Head, Gray Aluminum Handle

฿1,000.00

Edited by Gecko123

Galvanized 'proppa' mop buckets are £6 on Bury market last more than a lifetime... Or Screwfix want £10.99 Robbing barstools. Though how you bring one through customs at Swampy etc I wouldn't know - ah you work Thailand Mr..?

fergit the buckets...take yer mop into the bathroom (which presumably has a floor drain) and douse it with the bum squirter...then go out and mop the floor upon which you have distributed a liquid floor cleaner...then back to the hong naam to rinse and repeat...you can help the wringing by standing on the mop and twisting the handle...wear sandals with soles that don't slip so you don't slip on the soapy floor tiles and break yer leg...

and whaddaya gonna do with the bucket when not in use?...a big PITA and I hate clutter...just hang the mop out to dry...

then pour yerself a drink and sit back with the satisfaction of knowing that there was another job well done...

• Haha 1