What’s the scam?

New beginnings

Maybe it’s not a scam and, just maybe I’m being paranoid, but the weirdest thing just happened.  I was sitting at a table in the park opposite the army camp near the river. A youngish Thai guy approached me asking me to take his photo using his own camera which I did.  After about 10 minutes he returned now wanting to take a photo of me. Believe me if you’ve ever met me your know I’m no oil painting and certainly no Adonis but saw no reason to refuse his request. However he then returned now asking me to speak to a woman on his phone who was seeking further details about me which I declined to answer and handed the phone back to the Thai guy.  Does anyone know just what was going on, is it a scam?

19 minutes ago, New beginnings said:

However he then returned now asking me to speak to a woman on his phone

He was the woman's pimp. Just trying to drum up a bit of business on a slow day. A few details needed to figure out how much they could get out of you.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cadbury said:

He was the woman's pimp. Just trying to drum up a bit of business on a slow day. A few details needed to figure out how much they could get out of you.

Either that or they were looking for their newest involuntary kidney donor!

8 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

"I declined to answer and handed the phone back to the Thai guy."

Did it then not occur to you to ask the fellow what he was doing? 

Hi Trujillo, the Thai guys English was very limited and to be honest just felt it was easier to walk away.

Edited by New beginnings
Fuller explanation