Remembrance Day 2018

pagallim

The 11th November is Remembrance Day in the UK and the Commonwealth countries.   This year, the commemoration is particularly special as it marks the 100th anniversary of the end of World War 1.

The Royal British Legion provides lifelong support for the Armed Forces community - serving men and women, veterans, and their families, and at this time of the year, those collecting for the 'poppy appeal' are familiar figures both in the UK and overseas.

The Royal British Legion does have a branch in Thailand (Chonburi), and through them I'm assisting with the appeal in the Phuket area.   For those businesses or organisations who would like to participate in the appeal, I have various materials to help them, including poppies, collection boxes, and other items, which I will be distributing from the middle of this month (October).

Please PM me for further information.

20181001_080915.thumb.jpg.44fbddcf109da8af8507b701e5aac564.jpg

Great news.   One of the international schools here in Phuket are also doing as a historical event, a commemoration of the origins of 'Poppy Day', in it's 100th anniversary, which we'll (RBL) be contributing to and participating in.   Again, let me know via PM if your business or organisation would like to participate in this year's appeal, and I'll supply you with collection materials and assist in any way that I can.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Reddog1865 said:

Is there a service in Phuket anywhere please?

Not a service as such, though I believe that a few venues will be having their own commemoration.   FYI, participants in the Poppy Appeal (from which poppies and other Royal British Legion sponsored items are available are:

British International School, Koh Kaew

Headstart School, Vichit

The Living Room, Karon

The Expat Hotel, Patong

Angus O'Tools, Karon

Chalong Fishing Park, Chalong

Happy Days, Chalong

Food For Foreigners, Rawai

The Islander, Rawai

Hash House Harriers, Island wide

The Green Man, Chalong

Phuket Yacht Club, Chalong