Electric Timers

4MyEgo

Hey guys

Heading back to Oz for a week and thought I would try and find me some electric timers here to plug into the powerpoints and then plug the lamps in so the lamps can turn on in the evening and off in the morning while I am away.

Does anyone know if they have them here in LOS, if so where I might be able to purchase them, or if I should buy them in Oz for future use here?

The above said, I am sure the Oz ones would have the 3 metal plugs that go into the power points with 3 holes as opposed to the power points with 2 holes here, and I am told the voltage in Oz 240kw is compatible to the voltage here in Thailand 220kw.

I know zero about electricals, hence the questions over to you guys.

Timers are readily availalble here from HomePro and the like. Get the electronic ones and you can set different times for each day.

The Aussie ones will have Aussie plugs / outlets which are not the same as Thailand.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Timers are readily availalble here from HomePro and the like. Get the electronic ones and you can set different times for each day.

The Aussie ones will have Aussie plugs / outlets which are not the same as Thailand.

That's perfect !!!

Thanks Crossy will head out and buy some at HomePro soon

While we are on the subject of electricals, I have single battery operated smoke detectors, do you know if anyone stocks the ones for hard wiring, or would Ozzie ones be compatible with Thai electricals ? 

Edited by 4MyEgo

13 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

While we are on the subject of electricals, I have single battery operated smoke detectors, do you know if anyone stocks the ones for hard wiring, or would Ozzie ones be compatible with Thai voltage ? 

We have wireless ones which came from AliExpress, not seen wired ones here.

The Aussie ones will be fine here.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Crossy said:

We have wireless ones which came from AliExpress, not seen wired ones here.

The Aussie ones will be fine here.

Great mate, will grab a couple at Bunnings while there.

Cheers

Great mate, will grab a couple at Bunnings while there.

Cheers

While your at it check out the Queensland gov site re smoke alarms. Is one bit of legislation that makes sense and in not a burden to the householder. It’s all about saving lives not about telling neighbours when u burning your toast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Crossy said:

Also on Lazada if you live a long way from places like that

IMG_5122.thumb.PNG.06c94b40cfe97160879d39a275284106.PNG

IMG_5123.thumb.PNG.e56652106c8932db954f3220637d67ed.PNG

• Like 1

I have about half a dozen of these thuout the house for lights inside and out all set via an app that I can also manually control from anywhere 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/original-xiaomi-mi-wifi-app-intl-i171989040-s214960502.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.4.3b1d7ddbTxkyKC&search=1

3E901135-55E1-441D-9F4C-DBC4EECF3343.jpeg

I atso also have this in the main lounge it’s programmed so i can so I can control the a AC - I can turn on my Samsung AC from the car on the way home...

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/xiaomi-universal-ir-remote-controller-app-remote-timing-control-i255750140-s394438049.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.50.15a3256cwO1vjk&search=1

E8C0B5C1-3F45-4172-8DE5-2D54E72EF112.jpeg

Edited by sfokevin
  • Like 1

I have 20 or 30 of these dotted around our hotel. I can control street lights, pool lights, pretty much anything, from an app on my phone, anywhere in the world. You can also set up automatic schedules. . .

https://www.jib.co.th/web/index.php/product/readProduct/20628/24/WI-FI-SMART-PLUG-TP-LINK-HS110

Edited by NilSS