Villagers take action as "Ogre and Evil Widow" claim five lives in Kalasin

webfact

Villagers take action as "Ogre and Evil Widow" claim five lives in Kalasin

2PM.jpg

Pictures (2): Sanook

Sanook reported that villagers in Kalasin are convinced that an ogre and an evil ghost widow are at work after five mysterious deaths in September. 

The spirits are called Phee Pop and Phee Mae Mai and the villagers are taking drastic action - especially men. 

In one house two healthy men died within seven days of each other from what appeared to be fits.

But Sanook reported that marks of strangulation had been found on the neck of one of the men - clear signs that an ogre was responsible, said respected village elders. 

In another case a 16 year old girl was killed when her motorcycle mysteriously collided with another with a sidecar. That was the fifth death and the final straw.

Now virtually every house has an item of red clothing outside with the wording in Thai: "This house has no men".

2PM1.jpg

Men throughout the village of Phu Hang in the north eastern province have decided to paint their fingernails in an effort to look more like women to ward off the evil that appears to target males to a greater degree. 

Sanook went to the village and found that people were living in fear of even leaving their houses especially after dark. 

By early evening the village was as quiet as the grave with villagers cowering in their homes amid fears that they would be the next victim of the ogre and the evil widow of doom. 

Everyone is clamoring for amulets and other protection as the fear spreads. 

Doctors - appearing not to share the villagers views on the supernatural - have given advice on how best to guard against non-communicable diseases.

Sources: Sanook | Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-03

13 minutes ago, webfact said:

Sanook reported that villagers in Kalasin are convinced that an ogre and an evil ghost

Maybe it's Shrek in Thailand/Kalasin having a incognito break from the limelight of hollywood...

5 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

do you remember the story a few months ago about the Thai women up North who where worshiping the ant hill that was shaped like a penis?:clap2:

I swear i jumped on my motorcycle and was there in a flash. :cheesy:

Is your penis shaped like an Ant hill ?,no,thats why

you never scored.????

regards worgeordie

19 minutes ago, kannot said:

A thousand or so years of science and we  still see this CRAP in Thailand....amongst others

Which is why I'm in love with Thailand and it's people. They're special, unique, where else would you get a story like this?

My wife pays tribute to Jao Thi more than she does Buddah, fascinating, I love it! (She still hasn't won the lottery though.)

40 minutes ago, kannot said:

A thousand or so years of science and we  still see this CRAP in Thailand....amongst others

There are some people in this world who actually believe/worship the teachings/sayings of some Jewish guy who lived in Palestine 2000 years ago.

37 minutes ago, kannot said:

"amongst others"

The two most important words of your post. Backwards as many think Thailand is, it has a lot of competition from other countries around the world when it comes to superstition and religion.

46 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

do you remember the story a few months ago about the Thai women up North who where worshiping the ant hill that was shaped like a penis?:clap2:

I swear i jumped on my motorcycle and was there in a flash. :cheesy:

Ah..Isaan..

Big an' hansum..

DSCN0968.JPG

6 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

There are some people in this world who actually believe/worship the teachings/sayings of some Jewish guy who lived in Palestine 2000 years ago.

I can see the similarity:

1 hour ago, webfact said:

with villagers cowering in their homes amid fears that they would be the next victim of the ogre and the evil widow of doom

Was that a translation of "holy Mary, mother of god"?

7 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Well, the praiseworthy Arab with 13 wives, who lived around 1400 years ago believed the Jewish guy actually had something to say.

Just now, ratcatcher said:

Well, the praiseworthy Arab with 13 wives, who lived around 1400 years ago believed the Jewish guy actually had something to say.

And he did. My favourite saying from the Bible, "Go forth and multiply". No problem, I can do that!

34 minutes ago, Spidey said:

And he did. My favourite saying from the Bible, "Go forth and multiply". No problem, I can do that!

Hope you will have room for all your children then... and the money to support them... as according to the book you quotes SEX is a sin unless you are married and its for making babies.. not pleasure.

2 hours ago, kannot said:

How is this different from believing that someone could walk on water and that there is a a bearded guy in the sky who is invisible and should be worshipped...  

Should we as a civilized western civilization be past that too ?

Nice to comment on Thais while we ourselves have a large group of religious people ? There has never been any proof of religion so believing in ANY of it be it ogres be it god is crazy. 

But hey don't let that come in the way of a good Thai bash

5 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Education would be a waste of time with these villagers....

Much worse is the fact, these medieval morons are granted the right to vote in 'elections'. How do I know? A toad (friend of a highly influential figure) told me that in my sleep. 

I once wrote in my blog about it, so that none of my blog visitors have to die suddenly, unexpectedly and unwittingly, here's an explanation of the phenomenon, a genetic condition called Lai Tai or bangungot, which is mainly targeted at a few ethnic groups in Laos, Thailand and to the Philippines: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudden_arrhythmic_death_syndrome

5 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Hope you will have room for all your children then... and the money to support them... as according to the book you quotes SEX is a sin unless you are married and its for making babies.. not pleasure.

The concept of marriage doesn't really exist in the bible as far as I know. Plenty of Jewish men had multiple wives for example, especially wealthy and/or powerful people like kings.

Archived