Now Big Joke declares war on taxis refusing tourists and not turning on the meter

webfact

On 10/4/2018 at 5:02 PM, blackhorse said:

He is doing what 99% of thais can't and its called multi tasking

I object. I've seen many a Somchai swinging in the hammock and thinking how to score their next laukhao at the same time. The swinging never paused.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2018 at 3:54 PM, webfact said:

September 2017 to August 2018 4,411 taxi drivers were caught refusing passengers without reason.

Just back from BKK after celebrating my 76th birthday.  No wonder taxi drivers try it on if the police only managed 84 arrests a week.  My score these two days: six on soi 4; two on soi 11.  We were offering a not insubstantial fare to Jim Thompson's house.  Eventually we gave up & used GRAB.  On the return we used BTS.

Meanwhile in Pattaya .....

2 hours ago, Ketyo said:

Increase the fares for Bangkok Taxis. 35B flag fall is too low. Fare pr km is not enough and is not fair to the poor BKK taxi drivers.

I agree thats why I always tip them 2 baht

On 10/4/2018 at 5:50 AM, blackhorse said:

No mention of how they will police this.

And there is the rub, how can this be enforced? Getting the word out to Thais will be hard, getting it out to visitors will be nearly impossible and building the infrastructure to enforce this will be costly, difficult to manage, and nearly impossible to monitor.

• Like 1