Air Pollution – what are SOME of the things we can do?

BB1958

Many threads focus on alerting members to the dangers of pollution in various Thai cities and indeed provinces.
This post acknowledges the good research done by members, highlighting the problem. However it is more focused on what solutions we may have found evidence of.

Dr Greger (https://nutritionfacts.org/author/mgreger/) is a US citizen and well known “credible” advocate of nutrition based solutions, that are supported by the Scientific Literature.

Some of you may benefit from watching this 7 minute video. 

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/best-food-to-counter-the-effects-of-air-pollution/

This is being posted to assist interested members, living in heavily polluted areas of Thailand and indeed, neighbouring countries (My guess is we all know the hot spots). It offers ONE of the many tools at our disposal, that may benefit members and members families, particularly vulnerable children.

Thanks for sharing.

a very interesting video. Living in north Thailand, where the pollutions levels increase every years becouse of smog season make me wonder if I should consume Brocoli every days. Let’s try !

Thanks! 

8 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Some people make a similar contribution by only showering once a month whether or not it's necessary.

beano.jpg.39c1afafed2e74a66ae4f5748d152f1e.jpg

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:  cows, pigs, horses, whales, people all fart........but can you imagine what we all wouldlook like if we couldn't fart??  The movie Dune comes to mind.

I'm a big fan and proponent of eating healthy and the value of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

However, AFAIK, there's no creditable scientific research showing that any particular diet can negate the harmful health effects of breathing air pollution on an ongoing basis.

I'd suggest running a HEPA air purifier unit at home, combined with wearing N grade filter masks for outdoor use when pollution is bad, are probably more effective antidotes. Along with eating your vegetables.... :tongue:

Catalytic convertors, secondary air injection, exhaust gas re-circulation and other emission controls on engines....   "scrubbers" etc. on industrial smoke stacks......

Such things went a long way to improving the air quality in the U.S. and Canada. I'm old enough to remember what cities in the eastern U.S. and in Canada were like before we required those things and similar things...  

So much better now.

11 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

"However, AFAIK, there's no creditable scientific research showing that any particular diet can negate the harmful health effects of breathing air pollution on an ongoing basis."

You could have just said, you did NOT watch the video... The research is in the video. However AFAIK you are one of those "flat earth" people.????

4 minutes ago, BB1958 said:

You could have just said, you did NOT watch the video... The research is in the video. However AFAIK you are one of those "flat earth" people.????

Nothing that guy could possibly say in the video would convince me that eating anything NEGATES the health effects of air pollution, which was the premise of your original post.

Archived