Another Airport Taxi Question--sukhumvit Soi 57

bruce3404

Should it really take THAT long? At 4:30 am? I was guessing maybe 30 minutes. Am I missing something? I realize that it'll take a little longer to get to the expressway versus, say, Suk Soi 1, but since I'm closer to the airport than Suk Soi 1, I figured it would be about the same time...and I've done it in 30 minutes before. I've got a 24 hour day ahead of me and would not want to get to the airport any earlier than I have to. Anyone from that specific area who could help?

Upon our return to BKK, we'll be staying one night out at Suk Soi 57. How much time should we allow for the taxi to the airport? We'll be leaving around 4:30AM and we'll want to take the expressway.

It took me 30 minutes from Soi 81 (next to On Nut) at 5pm a few weeks ago. Went down Sukhumvit then on to bang na.Don't see why it should take any longer than that at 4.30 am using the expressway.

Upon our return to BKK, we'll be staying one night out at Suk Soi 57. How much time should we allow for the taxi to the airport? We'll be leaving around 4:30AM and we'll want to take the expressway.

For international flights be at the airport 2 hours before departure time and allow about a half hour for a taxi ride. When I take the slow city bus from On Nut, (during the daytime) going the long way, with lots of stops - the ride is still only around only 40 or so minutes. A half hour should be okay for the meter taxi ride early in the morning.

Would rather be an hour early than 2 minutes late...not much fun..... :o

Ohh, how true, especially is new "pearl" of a port. On leaving I was rushed around from this place to that, and back again (2 times through the security) and in the end, it wasn't necessary, but no apologies, just o.k. ok. you go now! My god, what a mess! Taksin really must have made good tea money on that job, SO glad he's gone. Just me ramblings.