Family drama in Thailand

SteveK

The title says it all.

I haven't been here anywhere near as long as you guys but have witnessed so many Jerry Springer style situations I can't count them.

Just last week my wife's niece split up with her husband over less money than a McDonalds happy meal costs in the UK, and he called his friend with a pickup truck and loaded his bed, TV and fridge and drove off, never to been seen again. He had been on the lao khao, though.

Never seen anything like this in the UK.

Literally thousands over the years...mostly if not all about money and kiks. 3 this week alone, one resulting in belongings being thrown out...gotta say its far more common than previously which I think a lot to do with social media and the advent of smartphones. As above, its so much easier here, no child support, laws or protection to worry about.

23 minutes ago, Enoon said:

The amount of money irrelevant.......just the last straw.

"Never seen anything like this in the UK."

Because it's not as easy to do in the UK.

If it was you'd see it a lot more.

The scenario described would be just as easy to do in the UK. I once witnessed a drunken doley take every window out in his house, in broad daylight with half the estate gathered to watch the spectacle. His wife and many kids were in the house at the time and he was back in the house within a couple of days, all lovey dovey with his wife and playing happy families.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, pr9spk said:

Never seen anything like this in the UK.

What about unmarried folks in UK just living/sleeping together..?

Village marriages, not registered, are easy to split (but don't expect sin sot to be refunded). It often happens in Thailand, and it's probably never counted into statistics, so we don't know for sure how many, only by guess and speculation.

I guess it's a lot, as I have similar observations as you...????

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, connda said:

You can see low-life scenes like this every day in the US.  Turn on the boob-tube, it's called Reality TV.  The folks on the left side of the IQ curve watching the lives of the folks on the far left of the IQ curve in America.  Pathetic scenes like the one you just described are the norm.

Most of guys with gray hair who belong to the left have gone to Thailand or Philippine and not many stay in the main land. Korea is the major exporter of the Asian soap opera, for which I couldn't stay there more than a week. Their eyes are glued on it everyday at 8 to rest of the night. All Asian countries are very similar to Thailand.