Penang - Thai Consulate Or Penang Airport For Visa?

Hi All,

Does anyone know where I should go in Penang?

I am coming to the end of a 60 day from UK, exteded here for 30. So as far as I understand, in Penang I can get a new 60 day or more with option to extend, correct me if I am wrong.

Next question is, where do I get this visa in Penang, a new 60 day, at the airport or the thai consulate?

Last one, How long will it take in Penang?

At the Royal Thai Consulate in Georgetown, Penang. Apply in morning and pick up next workday afternoon.

Down Penang last week.Lot of people having problems for visa at Thai embassy.I work in Saudi on 28/28 days rotation but still unable to get any kind of multi entry visa.

At the Royal Thai Consulate in Georgetown, Penang. Apply in morning and pick up next workday afternoon.

Down Penang last week.Lot of people having problems for visa at Thai embassy.I work in Saudi on 28/28 days rotation but still unable to get any kind of multi entry visa.

What about applying at the Royal Thai Embassy in Riyadh, or the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Jeddah. Provide a letter from your employer confirming your 28/28 day arrangement.

Thanks for replying.

If i reach Penang by 10:00am, do you think I could manage to get the application in the morning shift & pick up next afternoon to fly out that evening, or should I book a 2 night stopover? what would you advise?

You should have time to submit on first day - I would take taxi direct to Consulate and have them wait (set price first) and then continue into the city (Consulate is in Northern residential area rather than downtown). But have seen others post of using visa service so expect you could do that also if you meet up quickly.

What about applying at the Royal Thai Embassy in Riyadh, or the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Jeddah. Provide a letter from your employer confirming your 28/28 day arrangement.

Personally, I would use an agent. Only costs you 20 ringgit more, cheaper than a taxi there and back 2 days in a row and gives you more free time.

Hi,

Where could I find an agent to do that, at the airport?

I always use the NJ Money Changer on Chulia Street - it's located right next to "Hotel Swiss". Drop off your passport straight from the airport (20-30 minute drive), your visa will be ready by 14.30 the following day. Always make sure you don't schedule your trip on a Thai or Malay holiday - the consulate will be closed.