Copyright Violations

ozzieman05

Walk down any major market place or tourist street in Thailand and you would believe Thailand has to be the worlds capital of Pirate music and movies

But not this is not true

Yesterdays figures show that IIPA (International Intellectual Property Alliance) has released figures showing the worst countries in the world

No. 1 China

No. 2 Russia

No. 3 Canada

No. 4 Mexico

It has been recommended that these counries be placed on the Priority Watch List, putting them up for the highest degree of scrutiny. Canada and Mexico, the U.S.’s border neighbors, are two of its biggest trading partners.

Italy escaped an IIPA recommendation for the priority list but is said to be No. 5

So we can all relax again, when heading home from Thailand

Customs do not see us as a high pirate software risk

Can sleep easy again tonight :o

Edited by ozzieman05

Australian Customs have never bothered me about pirate DVDs etc, I get searched regularly as I travel to what they call "high risk countries", what ever that means, and they've never looked twice at them.

Once they did, I recall now, I was carrying over sixty, some of more than a hundred a friend I was traveling with bought in the PI, and I was searched at Sydney Airport.

The customs guy went right through them, with a running commentary, "that's a good one.....haven't seen this yet....wouldn't mind seeing this one..." and I'm thinking "well you will be tonight", and he just put them back in my bag and sent me on my way.

Yesterdays figures show that IIPA (International Intellectual Property Alliance) has released figures showing the worst countries in the world

No. 1 China

No. 2 Russia

No. 3 Canada

No. 4 Mexico

Staggering ....... do you think the number of people living in those countries could have an effect on the figures? :o

I'm not surprised by the list. First run movies are available in China (perhaps a week after they open in the US) for about 60 cents US. Russia has more Telecines (the product that changes movie film to DVD) than all of the movie companies and subsidiaries in the US. The counterfeit products are widely distributed on eBay.

Copyright tm. it means nothing, they charged us so many $+£ and thb...hmmmmm The fact of the situation is they over charge in western countries, so we have to decide whether to take or leave it? The internet provides p2p on a massive scale, so stop hiding behind banners that get burned. People rebel and people love to take for free, so as much as your conscience sees an angel, kick it because it is already

here

Edited by lopburiguy