How to block my Kasikorn bank card from abroad and without calling to the bank?

Hi

1) Is it possible to block my physical card only -- without blocking my entire account, so that I'll be able to continue using internet banking, buy tickets online, etc....

2) There're multiple mobile apps of Kasikorn. Which one should I use? I don't remember which one I tried to use when I was in Thailand.

3) Also, I'm abroad, far away, and have no plan to return to Thailand for now. The last time I tried it, when I was in Thailand, it required access to internet via mobile network only to activate itself for the first time. It didn't accept WiFi internet access. If I remember correctly it required only a Thai sim-card

Can I install and activate that app successfully, from abroad, with local sim or WiFi?

You can use K+ App to disable your Kasikorn debit card. You will need Thai Sim carrying the same number that you registered with Kasikorn Bank to access this K+ App for the first time. Once you log-in to K+ App, go to settings to allow Wifi access as well as to block debit card attached to your account.

43 minutes ago, sanmyintmaung said:

You can use K+ App to disable your Kasikorn debit card. You will need Thai Sim carrying the same number that you registered with Kasikorn Bank to access this K+ App for the first time. Once you log-in to K+ App, go to settings to allow Wifi access as well as to block debit card attached to your account.

I'll have to use: a) mobile internet b) in roaming

on my thai sim-card? Is this the only way?

1 hour ago, chado said:

I'll have to use: a) mobile internet b) in roaming

on my thai sim-card? Is this the only way?

Yes, you will need to use Thai Sim-card carrying the number that you registered with Kasikon Bank on mobile internet and roaming. 

Below is the how to apply guide from Kasikorn.

https://kasikornbank.com/en/Apply/KPLUS

image.png.36c8ebed3bca043c5f17a8e764fee3a8.png

Given that I'd be able to use the app ever after for other things, via WiFi

1) Is it possible to block my physical card only -- without blocking my entire account, so that I'll be able to continue using internet banking, buy tickets online, etc....

36 minutes ago, chado said:

Given that I'd be able to use the app ever after for other things, via WiFi

Yes, you can use internet banking. You will not be able to buy tickets online using your blocked debit card.

Account/Card Setting -> Cancel Debit/ATM card.

image.thumb.png.5e204ce0898ef9cd9a377c040a456f0a.png

3 hours ago, sanmyintmaung said:

Yes, you can use internet banking. You will not be able to buy tickets online using your blocked debit card.

Why would I buy tickets or anything else online using my physical debit card ever?

On 10/16/2018 at 9:38 AM, sanmyintmaung said:

Why would I buy tickets or anything else online using my physical kasikorn debit card ever?

Archived