The best chicken fried steak in Chiang Mai

ramrod711

• 2 weeks later...
Exactly the same style using pork I believe is a Weiner Schnitzel.
No doubt one of our Austrian members will confirm

Wiener Schnitzel - the original is made from veal flattened with a meat hammer very thinly - (in the old days when you walked through an Austrian village on a Sunday morning you would hear the hammering sounds coming from the kitchen at almost every house you past) - seasoned with salt and pepper then breaded in flour, egg and breadcrumbs - and you only drag it through the flour, egg and the breadcrumbs never press it on so the breading comes lose of the meat when you fry it - originally in butter - not oil.
The original garnish is a slice of lemon with a ring of anchovies filled with capers.
Served traditionally with either buttered parsley potatoes or a warm potato salad - never with any sauce or gravy!!!

IMG_5829.JPGIMG_5831.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, boonrawdcnx said:

Wiener Schnitzel - the original is made from veal flattened with a meat hammer very thinly - (in the old days when you walked through an Austrian village on a Sunday morning you would hear the hammering sounds coming from the kitchen at almost every house you past) - seasoned with salt and pepper then breaded in flour, egg and breadcrumbs - and you only drag it through the flour, egg and the breadcrumbs never press it on so the breading comes lose of the meat when you fry it - originally in butter - not oil.
The original garnish is a slice of lemon with a ring of anchovies filled with capers.
Served traditionally with either buttered parsley potatoes or a warm potato salad - never with any sauce or gravy!!!

IMG_5829.JPGIMG_5831.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Looks and sounds delicious. Flattening the meat with a hammer or tenderizer is what makes it affordable, you don't have to buy a premium cut of beef for a chicken fried steak. My father used to shoot a moose in the fall and we would eat it all winter. My mother would beat the heck out of the tougher cuts and make swiss steak, as she called it.

4 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

Looks and sounds delicious. Flattening the meat with a hammer or tenderizer is what makes it affordable, you don't have to buy a premium cut of beef for a chicken fried steak. My father used to shoot a moose in the fall and we would eat it all winter. My mother would beat the heck out of the tougher cuts and make swiss steak, as she called it.

Its only opportune that I mentioned it because I was in Innsbruck a month ago for the UCI World championships and everyone was selling it.....however pricewise it failed to tickle my tastebuds and pizza was on the menu for 4 nights running!

But hey I can recognise a Weiner Schnitzel now.

On 10/30/2018 at 10:40 AM, Dick Crank said:

These restaurant plugs are really getting annoying

Somebody have a gun at your head forcing you to read?

It is actually a rather enjoyable wondering thread with your post standing out for whining.

Archived