Second 60 day tourist visa?

Hoping someone can tell me if it is possible to get a second 60 day tourist visa in Vientiane.

I have had a 60 day tourist visa which I extended by 30 days in Chaengwattana. I then got two 30 day extensions at Mae Sai. Is it possible to get another 30 or 60 day visa? What is the best option for someone in Chiang Mai?

I think it was possible do this two years ago but things may have changed since.

You got two new 30 day visa exempt entries at Mae Sai not extensions. You could of extended each of the them for 30 days at a immigration office for 30 days. You could extend the one you have now for 30 days now for a fee of 1900 baht.

You should have no problem getting another tourist visa in Vientiane.

57 minutes ago, delgarcon said:

Hi, a friend of mine is coming to LOS on a 60 day tourist visa but wants to stay for 5 months. We think he can get a 30 day extension but would like to know what are his best options. Thanks

Yes he can get a 30 day extension (1,900) baht. After that he can exit/re-enter for a 30 day visa exempt entry which can also be extended by 30 days. Total 150 days.

• 1 month later...

Thanks again for the informative replies,

I got a second 60 day tourist visa as ubonjoe figured I would. I didn't know that I was getting a visa exempt entry at Mae Sai or that each one could be extended, makes such a difference.

I will be leaving soon for Europe and plan to return in January. I take it from what elviajero says that I should be able to come back on a visa exempt entry, especially as it will by air rather than a land crossing.

I read that, as it will be a new calendar year, this should be the case, but I'd query with those who know.

Cheers