Question on the 5yr elite visa

Myself /wife want to get one of these for a  family member to join us in Thai 

Can i or my wife pay the 500k before he arrives or does it have to be wired here from EU like the money to buy a condo etc with bank statements to prove etc 

And for those that have done it already, how long does it usually take after payment to process it etc ? 

Thx all

They give you a bank name and account number to pay it into then want you to email a scan / photo of the receipt after you've made the deposit.

I got mine 4 years ago and made the payment by cash, believe it or not it was quicker than an account to account transfer to a different bank as I went late in the afternoon so they advised me to withdraw 500k in cash and walk to the other bank and pay it in. No problem. If anything it's more hassle to make a foreign transfer, with Baht you can make sure you pay the exact amount required.

When I did mine there were two sets of bank details, one for a foreign payment and one for a domestic payment in Baht - they will give you this information once the application has been accepted.

Once you've paid it, the wait should not be very long, the entire process takes just a couple of weeks.

Then they will want to know how the visa is going to be issued, you can go to the immigration in Chaeng Wattana or get it done at the airport. I had mine done at Chaeng Wattana as I was alread in Thailand but the airport option makes much more sense if you're outside the country.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1