Art Street

Becker

It used to be that when I wanted something to brighten a wall I went to Art Street. Now that that is gone I need some suggestions. I've been to the place behind Marina Mall (?) in north Pattaya and to Luuk Dot Shop (sp) and they couldn't pay me to put any of that stuff in my house. I've also been to Index and some of their "generic" art work/wall decorations are OK but nothing really clicked.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Where did you look for art street?

At the long known location left besides Mike Shopping Mall?

They had moved to the alley from TIP Plaza on Beach rd. to 2nd rd.

Or is this also history?

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Where did you look for art street?

At the long known location left besides Mike Shopping Mall?

They had moved to the alley from TIP Plaza on Beach rd. to 2nd rd.

Or is this also history?

Didn't know they had moved there. Will head over there if there's a break in the weather.

Chic Republic sells art that is possibly a cut above Index.  There are a number of art shops on Thappraya Road.  My favorite is Nerung Gallery, close to Rita Resort. May be spelling the name wrong.  The artist there is very talented and he can paint anything you want, in about any size you want.  He has painted at least a dozen custom art works for my partner and me and we have been very pleased with the results, and the reasonable prices. 

With our new condo, we wanted a standout art piece for the guest bedroom to serve as the focal point so we had the artist at Nerung paint a very large triptych of The Great Wave, one of my favorites.  We got the exact size we wanted to fit the wall space perfectly and it turned out great.  Have fun and let yourself go wild.