German Arrested For Child Abuse In Thailand

george

This man was well known at Tesco in Udon and someone emailed me a copy of the article.

It said he was 65 and the child ( one of many ) was 12 years old.

There was an aerial view of the items displayed in the photo with him sat at the desk.

The stuff they took from his room ??? was clearly recognisable and included an alarming array of sexual material that i will not describe, out of respect for his victims and anyone with a 12 year old in the family.

All clear to see, and probably displayed on the news stands i would guess by everyone.

My daughter is 12 and my first thoughts were that it could be anyones child / children including ours that was one of his victims.

His passing is welcomed and one less to worry about in the community / re offending. The Bastard

marshbags :D and :o

Edited by marshbags

We are supposed to live in a civilised society , but no society is civilised if the rule of law is not respected. 10 years would have been an appropriate punishment , murder is not.

Who claimed that Thailand was a civilized society? It's a feudal society with modern trappings and a nationalist bent. Don't expect real justice to be carried out in a society where it doesn't exist.

Yes Thailand may be feudal but you are not . You come from a civilised society and yet you are all applauding what is in effect murder. I am not sticking up for him at all, but i am saddened that the mob culture has overtaken you all.

Pedophilia has a very low rate of criminal rehabilitation. Because of the nature of pedophilia and the sociopathy associated with it I feel that it's one of the few things one person can engage in that warrants the death penalty.

From wikipedia:

A number of proposed treatment techniques for pedophilia have been developed. Many regard pedophilia as highly resistant to psychological interference and have dismissed as ineffective most "reparative strategies."[38] Others, such as Dr. Fred Berlin, believe pedophilia can "indeed be successfully treated," if only the medical community would give it more attention.[23] The reported success rate of modern "reparative" treatment on pedophiles is very low.[38]

It would be easy to jump on the bandwagon and say scumbag..he deserved it etc etc.

However if it turns out that he did not commit suicide then he was murdered. It is not summary justice it is murder. And that is what you are all cheering.

We are supposed to live in a civilised society , but no society is civilised if the rule of law is not respected. 10 years would have been an appropriate punishment , murder is not.

hi...

yes this looks like murder....

they murdered this sick old man.....

yes he commited horrid crimes himself - but so did the girls so called helpers and friends.....

even though he deserved severe punishment and maybe a death sentence if found guilty its the process that is a bit worrying because not everyone that is accused is guitly - it looks almost certain that this man was guilty - but imagine other circumstances where the wrong person has a sock shoved down his throat....

and it could happen to lots of foreign men in thailand..... i mean innocent men could easily be accused??

amarka :o

This is a sorry story.

However, I am suspicious when as often happens in Thailand, people are tried before they even reach a court. I am not defending child abuse, but I would urge caution here.

There should have been a due court process and the police failed to perform their duty here. How could he have slit his wrists? He shouldnt have been allowed to have any items to perform such an act. He should have immediately been put on suicide watch.

I know he was accused of awful crimes but how can anyone have a fair trial when the police behave this way when making an arrest? All the information produced in the press would certainly have predjudiced his trial. People are meant to be considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

I suppose if someone wants to knock me off, all they have to do is accuse me of child abuse, print some info in the papers and on TV , and voila! I die in suspicious circmstances, but because I was accused of child abuse no one cares..

I'd say this is a dark day for the process of law. And from some of the comments on here, it seems mob rule is alive and kicking..

His passing is welcomed and one less to worry about in the community / re offending. The Bastard

Sorry, marshbags, but i am a bit surprised by your statement, given your vehemence in argumentation regarding the extrajudical killings in the drugwar.

A lot of supporters of the drugwar killings apply the exact same logic in whitewashing the murders. Just because the guy is obviously a particularly nasty sort of pedophile, he still has the right for due process, and the right to be judged by a court. If he is found "suicided" (nice expression, i'll remember that), this is out of order.

my guess would be he was murdered, on the basis that the thai government don't want another john karr, by that i mean they don't want 100's of foreign journalists here for a seedy trial and having unfavourable comments written about Thailand all over the world. I'm probably wrong but thats my take on it anyway.

BB

Additional information from Thai Rath:

- Helmut Nehls was staying in Thailand on a 2,000 Euro (around 90,000 baht) per month pension from Germany.

- During the search of his house, it was discovered that he a bankbook showing a balance of 900,000 baht. He offered the police this 900,000 baht to be used as "bail" so he could avoid going to jail.

- A search of his laptop revealed 2 emails written in English he had sent in which he was encouraging other foreigners (not specified from where) to come to Thailand and he that could easily procure underage girls for them. There were 18 additional emails written in German whose contents were not immediately known as they are awaiting translation.

- When he was arrested, he denied all charges against him.

Edited by sriracha john

Sorry, marshbags, but i am a bit surprised by your statement, given your vehemence in argumentation regarding the extrajudical killings in the drugwar.

A lot of supporters of the drugwar killings apply the exact same logic in whitewashing the murders. Just because the guy is obviously a particularly nasty sort of pedophile, he still has the right for due process, and the right to be judged by a court. If he is found "suicided" (nice expression, i'll remember that), this is out of order.

Where does marshbags say that if the perv was murdered it was ok?

He just states his passing is welcome.

Dont try and change the topic back to your favourite subject of drug wars and Thaksin

Let me make something plain,

my wife has a young daughter,as does my ex GF,

if either of them were subjected to this kind of abuse the police would not have had a look in,

and his passing would have been a LOT more painful than "Sockicide",

I agree that extrajudiciary murder is wrong in MOST cases,

but this is the most clear cut,heinous,obviously guilty,filthy,dirty old bastard I've heard about in a long time,

why the <deleted> are some of you bleating about his well deserved death?

<deleted> him.I hope satan is sticking a pineapple up his ass as we speak.

if either of them were subjected to this kind of abuse the police would not have had a look in,

but this is the most clear cut,heinous,obviously guilty,filthy,dirty old bastard I've heard about in a long time,

Seconded

How many have "died" while in detention so far? Remember the guys on their way to a visa run, detained for how many days? Countless other events. This joke of a "police force" is constantly plagued by a total lack of professionalism and ethics, a threat to the people they are supposed to serve and protect.

Could be you next time.

Edited by Tony Clifton

Seconded

On the whole I am pleased with the outcome of this tradgey. Sometimes instant justice is more than enough in the hands of sensible people..I would have personally pulled the trigger on the Pr*ck if given the chance.

However, JacknDanny mate, do you ever look at your avitar and thing how inappropriate or unseemly it may appear. Dont get me wrong please, when I see some avitars I am well impressed and want one myself but to portray a randy, insatiable farang is somewhat out of place on this topic. Sorry mate , I dont know why I feel this way ...maybe I am a bit distrought over the Udon Thani case.

My daughter was once befriended by one of these helpful "help the family" guys but I have so far been unsuccessful in finding out who or where he is.

In any case any of these phediophile dudes who are assisted on their way...bon voyage

Khun Andy

Edited by khunandy

On the whole am pleased with the outcome of this tradegy. Sometimes instant justice is more than enough in the hands of sensible people..I would have presonally pulled the trigger on the Pr**ck if given the chance.

However, JacknDanny mate, do you ever look at your avitar and thing how inappropriate or unseemly it may appear. Dont get me wrong please, when I see some avitars I am well impressed and want one myself but to portray a randy, insatiable farang is somewhat out of place on this topic. Sorry mate , I dont know why I feel this way ...maybe I am a bit distrought over the Udon Thani case.

My daughter was once befriended by one of these helpful "help the family" guys but I have so far been unsuccessful in finding out who or where he is.

In any case any of these phediophile dudes who are assisted on their way...bon voyage

Khun Andy

Maybe you are looking into something that isnt there.

Look again at my avator.

Top of one 'character' is Mitsubishi.

The other is Honda.

How you make that out to be, in your words, an insatiable farang, is beyond me.

Looking into things and imagining things other than they are means you need to lighten up pal :o

This kind of post is depressing. No-ones "bleating" .. the guy was killed it seems and that is just not right. And you all applaud this murder. If he was a mass murderer no-one would be defending his killing . As it stands he has killed no-one . No-one is dead as a result of his actions . He should not be dead , he should be tried under the law of the land. If it turns out he was murdered then the officers concerned should be accused of his murder. Otherwise why have a law at all.?

You are all intellegent people , get your brains working and don't make knee-jerk posts.

This kind of post is depressing. No-ones "bleating" .. the guy was killed it seems and that is just not right. And you all applaud this murder. If he was a mass murderer no-one would be defending his killing . As it stands he has killed no-one . No-one is dead as a result of his actions . He should not be dead , he should be tried under the law of the land. If it turns out he was murdered then the officers concerned should be accused of his murder. Otherwise why have a law at all.?

You are all intellegent people , get your brains working and don't make knee-jerk posts.

How does it 'seem' he was killed.

Lets assume the guy wanted to kill himself. He put the socks in his own mouth to give himself something to grip onto when he cut his wrists.

So knee jerk reactions seem to be the ones assuming he was murdered