Trump threatens to build up U.S. nuclear arsenal against China, Russia

webfact

2018-10-22T193359Z_1_LYNXNPEE9L1PK_RTROPTP_4_USA-TRUMP.JPG

U.S. President Donald Trump talks to reporters as he departs for campaign travel to Texas from the White House in Washington, U.S., October 22, 2018. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump warned on Monday that the United States intended to build up its arsenal of nuclear weapons to pressure Russia and China.

Speaking to reporters, Trump repeated his contention that Russia was not abiding by the 1987 Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty, which he has threatened to abandon.

(Reporting by Jeff Mason; Writing by Makini Brice; Editing by Mohammad Zargham)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-10-23

How casually these morons (Trump and Putin) talk about nuclear bombs. Just few days ago Putin was talking about all out nuclear response, which will lead brave Russian people to the paradise as martyrs. Some Russians said openly that Putin has lost his mind. The same applies to Trump.

Both USA and Russia, among few other countries have boomers - the nuclear submarines, which each is capable more than enough destroy the life on earth.

When these 'leaders' talk so easily about nuclear weapons use is combined with added tensions as well as the fact that mistakes and miscalculations do happen, the day of the final miscalculation is closer than ever.

Stupid and irresponsible talk by few 'leaders' who are thinking only about themselves and their own power, forgetting the common people. 

6 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Mid terms in a couple of weeks?

Simply electioneering or maybe just wants his own war, but better to go for less dangerous opponents.

Wants his own war !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The Bush labeled 'crazies in the basement' are ignoring the lessons of history.  Although most of them are my age, they don't seem to remember just how close we came to the brink when Russia staged missiles in Cuba in response to the US deployment of Juniper missiles to Turkey.  Cooler minds prevailed.  The missiles on both sides were dismantled.  In the West, Russia is demonized and the US deployment of Juniper missiles that fomented this mess was relegated to the dust bin of history.  I
These thing do not happen in a vacuum regardless of how revisionist history spins it.  It's quid pro quo.

So, I see we're back to square one once again!  Put nukes on the Russian and Chinese borders?  Wonderful idea <not>.  The US has done this before!  Once the apocalypses is started, finger pointing won't matter.  This is where we need grown-ups in the room with cool minds - like now.  Unfortunately the 'crazies in the basement' aren't statesmen and their agenda is not rapprochement.  I'm assuming this will end badly.  Too bad for the kids throughout the world.  But psychopaths don't care about kids. They only care about the ultimate aphrodisiac -- Power.
C'est la vie.  I've enjoyed a good life.

In 2017 the USA currently had 

http://time.com/4893175/united-states-nuclear-weapons/

As of July 8, the United States has 6,800 warheads, according to data from Hans Kristensen and Robert Norris at the Federation of American scientists. 2,800 of them are retired, 4,000 are stockpiled, and 1,800 are deployed. The total number of U.S. warheads is second only to Russia, which currently has 7,000 of them.

Aside from North Korea, the other nuclear powers have between 80 and 300 warheads each, and 1,135 in total. As of July, North Korea was thought to have the material for a maximum of 20 warheads.

And this moron of a POTUS of the USA wants MORE?

https://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/Nuclearweaponswhohaswhat

WarheadsGraphic_Current.jpg

4 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

all in today's news:

Trump threatens China and Russia

Trump threatens Central America

Trump threatens Transgenders

he's on a roll, don't stop now!

Don't forget threatening me ... after all I am on Social Security and medicare. Then there are my Sons....

15 minutes ago, the guest said:

Scary having this planet run by complete morons.

Don't forget that Obama had greenlighted a 1 trillion dollar budget to upgrade the US nuclear arsenal!

Not sure what Trump wants to add to that...

Once again, this all smells of pork to feed the military industrial complex.

Meanwhile, the doomsday clock stands at minus 2 minutes and it may move closer soon.

The problem is that there are a number of influential people in Washington, called neocons, who strongly believe that the US can win a nuclear war against Russia.

Russia, for its part, has no such illusions and knows that a nuclear conflict will be a one way trip to hell!

Dear Leader Trump is doing what the other Dear Leader is not allowed to do. Me thinks Dear Leader Trump is trying to play tough guy .... any elections coming up soon? 

Maybe he wants his own war, now wouldn't that be grand? Dear Leader may go down in history as the saviour of the grand old U S of A..   After the usual distortion of the facts to make the patriotic heritage sound better of course. 

4 hours ago, Carib said:

Dear Leader Trump is doing what the other Dear Leader is not allowed to do. Me thinks Dear Leader Trump is trying to play tough guy .... any elections coming up soon? 

Maybe he wants his own war, now wouldn't that be grand? Dear Leader may go down in history as the saviour of the grand old U S of A..   After the usual distortion of the facts to make the patriotic heritage sound better of course. 

And what about putin who is busy violating the treaties?

8 hours ago, billd766 said:

Indeed. Why any nuclear weapons power, which already has the power of wipe out everybody and fully kill all the life on Earth, want to have more nuclear weapons?

They say they want tactical nuclear weapons. Tiny nuclear bombs, perhaps just 10 times larger what were used in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Those two nuclear bombs were stupidly tiny compared today's nuclear warheads. Tiny, tiny little bombs. 

These tiny nuclear bombs could possible be used as conventional weapons during war. USA thought of using nuclear weapons during Vietnam war as well as Korean war. No biggie, right?

Wrong. Once nuclear weapons are once used in act of war. The genie is really out of the bottle. After that one use, every nuclear weapon country knows that it's perfectly ok to use nuclear weapons against common people. Once used, there is no retaliation. 

Trump makes me a little schizophrenic.

Although I think he's a moron, we really need a more aggressive policy towards, both Russia & China.

Authoritarian regimes only respond to threats of force. Reagan knew that, and essentially brow beat the USSR into submission. The same showdown will come with China.

Now it's not a case of more warheads, but a case of modernization to allow ICBM's to actually evade anti missile defenses.

In addition to that the Russians are deploying what are probably some of the most frightening weapons, not covered by any arms treaty, their arsenal of submarine based nuclear torpedos.

Scary times playmates, but you have to face down a threat with a more superior threat

5 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Authoritarian regimes only respond to threats of force. Reagan knew that, and essentially brow beat the USSR into submission. The same showdown will come with China.

Now it's not a case of more warheads, but a case of modernization to allow ICBM's to actually evade anti missile defenses.

In addition to that the Russians are deploying what are probably some of the most frightening weapons, not covered by any arms treaty, their arsenal of submarine based nuclear torpedos.

Scary times playmates, but you have to face down a threat with a more superior threat

The problem is that the situation has changed a lot since the good old days of Reagan.

At that time, the US was wealthy and had superior weapons.

The USSR was economically very weak and had to go into more spending to try to catch up (star wars...).

Today, it is exactly the opposite.

The US is in debt up to the whazoo, military overextended, waging costly wars in many places, and having to catch up (hypersonic...).

Meanwhile Russia has a balanced budget, little debt and a minimum of waste in its military expenses (there are no hundreds of billions that nobody can trace like in the US budget).

So what is going to happen is what happened in the early 90s, but on the other side...the West is going to collapse under the weight of its debt..

15 hours ago, billd766 said:

http://time.com/4893175/united-states-nuclear-weapons/

As of July 8, the United States has 6,800 warheads, according to data from Hans Kristensen and Robert Norris at the Federation of American scientists. 2,800 of them are retired, 4,000 are stockpiled, and 1,800 are deployed. The total number of U.S. warheads is second only to Russia, which currently has 7,000 of them.

Aside from North Korea, the other nuclear powers have between 80 and 300 warheads each, and 1,135 in total. As of July, North Korea was thought to have the material for a maximum of 20 warheads.

WarheadsGraphic_Current.jpg

Got to agree, use some up before we make more. I like your thought process. 

USA versus Russia.

USA versus China.

USA versus Iran.

USA versus USA.

Take your pick. Trump wants his very own war. He wants to be a war president. I think he'll find it, declare himself "Supreme Leader" and kill a few hundred thousand, a few million, maybe even kill all civilization in the process.

Just my opinion from all my reading and observations. Trump will find his war. There are lots of choices.

28 minutes ago, neeray said:

USA versus Russia.

USA versus China.

USA versus Iran.

USA versus USA.

Take your pick. Trump wants his very own war. He wants to be a war president. I think he'll find it, declare himself "Supreme Leader" and kill a few hundred thousand, a few million, maybe even kill all civilization in the process.

Just my opinion from all my reading and observations. Trump will find his war. There are lots of choices.

The only problem is that Trump and his neocon handlers don't want the same war.

The neocons are after Russia, the ultimate prize for armchair warriors with pumped up biceps.

Trump would rather go after China, because tarrifs won't be enough to make America great again...the factories over there need to be destroyed and then rebuilt on American soil.

13 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

The only problem is that Trump and his neocon handlers don't want the same war.

The neocons are after Russia, the ultimate prize for armchair warriors with pumped up biceps.

Trump would rather go after China, because tarrifs won't be enough to make America great again...the factories over there need to be destroyed and then rebuilt on American soil.

I guess we could then call that "doing a 360".

On 10/23/2018 at 9:03 PM, Brunolem said:

Don't forget that Obama had greenlighted a 1 trillion dollar budget to upgrade the US nuclear arsenal!
The problem is that there are a number of influential people in Washington, called neocons, who strongly believe that the US can win a nuclear war against Russia.

Modernizing and updating existing weapons while continually attempting to negotiate reduction treaties is a sane choice. Increasing NW capability is not.

Along with the neocons you have forgotten about the fundamentalist christians who populate the govt who are awaiting the rapture and have no problem pushing towards it because they will be saved...

On 10/24/2018 at 2:23 AM, crankshaft said:

And what about putin who is busy violating the treaties?

Sanctions?

37 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Along with the neocons you have forgotten about the fundamentalist christians who populate the govt who are awaiting the rapture and have no problem pushing towards it because they will be saved...

Such as Mike Pence...

Archived