Stephen King describes ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ as “a work of genius”

snoop1130

Stephen King describes ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ as “a work of genius”

By Elizabeth Aubrey

SK-1220x775.jpg

Stephen King - Credit: Ulf Andersen / Getty

Stephen King has described Netflix‘s version of ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ as ” a work of genius.”

The television adaptation, which was released earlier this month, was created by Mike Flanagan and is based on the 1959 novel of the same name, by writer Shirley Jackson.

Across ten episodes, the series tells the story of five siblings who grew up in the most famous haunted house in America.

Writing about the series on social media, King said: “I don’t usually care for this kind of revisionism, but this is great.

Full Story: https://www.nme.com/news/stephen-king-describes-haunting-hill-house-work-genius-2392437

50 minutes ago, quandow said:

GAWD awful boring. I watched the first three episodes, then went straight to the last episode to see if I might miss anything - nope, nothing worth watching all the in-between episodes.

I enjoy a king novel, but he has a tendancy to say something over 20 pages that most writers would say in half a page

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

I enjoy a king novel, but he has a tendancy to say something over 20 pages that most writers would say in half a page

Exactly what I am finding with The Green Mile which I am halfway through right now , but I know from the movie years ago it is a good tale.

2 hours ago, quandow said:

GAWD awful boring. I watched the first three episodes, then went straight to the last episode to see if I might miss anything - nope, nothing worth watching all the in-between episodes.

Exactly!!!

Did the same, watched 3 episodes and gave up!

Everybody says it's so frightening...well better go watch the Conjuring if you want frightening...

Archived