Visa advice needed please

Hi everyone,

I am moving to Muang Surin, Surin Province, and I am planning to stay there, no plans to leave.

1st Question: simple one, I am visiting for 3 weeks in a couple of weeks, am I right in thinking I do not need any Visa at all for this? I am a UK passport holder.

2nd Question: initially I want to come over on an Education ED 12 month Visa, while I wait to get a working/business visa. Am i right in thinking I just need to contact a language school and they will set it up for me? Can I trust the language schools to do this legally and properly? How much money do i need to show in a bank account? Is there anything else I need to do?

3rd Question: I plan on opening a business in Surin. As far as I can understand from the myriad of online information, I will need 2,000,000 Baht in a Thai bank Account held by what would be my Thai partner, and would need to employ 4 Thai nationals. Is that correct, and is there anything else I would need to do?

Any other advice would be very welcome, if I have got something wrong here ???? 

Thanks in advance for your help

Racha

1. Yes All will need is the 30 day visa exempt entry you will get on arrival.

2. I doubt very much you will be able to get a multiple entry non-ed visa valid for a year. You will likely only be able to get a single entry non-ed visa that will allow one 90 day entry and then have to apply for 90 day extensions at immigration.  I also doubt you will be able to find a school in Surin that can supply the supporting documents to get a non-ed visa. Financial proof is not required to apply for a non-ed visa.

Your best option may be to get a multiple entry tourist visa that will allow unlimited 60 day entries for 6 months from the date of issue. Each entry can be extended for 30 days at immigration.

You can set up a business on a tourist visa.

3. The 2 million baht does not have to be in a bank to register a company. The registered capital is only number used for the registration that is required to apply for a work permit. This business guide from the BOI has a lot of useful information. https://www.boi.go.th/upload/content/A Business Guide to thailand 2018_5ac3593458b0a.pdf