Thai Name For Timothy Grass

redbicycle

No idea what the Thai name is, but its Latin name is "Phleum pratense" which may do the trick.

There are two sub-species:-

• Phleum pratense subsp. pratense. Larger, to 150 cm tall. Widespread.
  • Phleum pratense subsp. bertolonii. Smaller, to 70 cm tall. Calcareous grassland.

Will this stuff grow OK in Thailand, its natural environment is central Europe?

• 3 months later...

Timonthy grass

I told my seed supplier about timothy grass but he dun seems to understand, anyone have the thai name ??

Thai name for Timonthy grass is "Ya Keam Hom" literally fragrance needle grass.

A friend told me that i could get EF earthworm from you, can you give some detail

if you have any?

Edited by RedBullHorn

Redbulhorn is right - thats exactly what it is (a very knowledgeable Newbie - welcome to the farming forum - how on earth did you know that?)

It's a popular forage grass for dairy farmers on sandy/well drained soil - grown alot in the higher elevations of Korat province - with irrigation support. It will grow year round. They allow it to grow quite high prefering it's value as a volume/bulk forage (for which it is excellent - comparable to Elephant grass) more so than for it's value as a nutritional forage. It's suitable only as a "cut & carry" forage - let cattle walk all over the field and it'll quickly get messed up.

After 2 1/2 - 3 years it's cut down to base, and the individual clumps are dug up and seperated into 1/4's - then replanted. Cattle will turn their noses up at mature cuttings (it becomes very coarse) unless it is finely chopped.

Fertilser requirements are min - but regular watering is a must to sustain good growth rates - and it can grow quick.

MF

Redbulhorn is right - thats exactly what it is (a very knowledgeable Newbie - welcome to the farming forum - how on earth did you know that?)

MF

I am not sure if you are humoring him or you fell for his scam. It seems obvious to me that this is just a ploy by redbicycle to advertise worms for sale using a puppet account as a shill.

MF

I am not sure if you are humoring him or you fell for his scam. It seems obvious to me that this is just a ploy by redbicycle to advertise worms for sale using a puppet account as a shill.

Yes - suspected it, though must admitt I wasn't 100% certain.

Thanx for confirming that - so, add large dose of sarcasim to my italics above.

MF

MF

Yes - suspected it, though must admitt I wasn't 100% certain.

Thanx for confirming that - so, add large dose of sarcasim to my italics above.

MF

Oh!... Forgot to intro myself... :D

Ok...a quick one...

I'm live in the northern part of Thailand...I'm doing Tilapia culture...

rearing cattles and pigs and breeding cricket...have a vast interest in(two thumbs up

for ewelve)vemiculture(had some meeting with Wayne Fauser Thewormman trying to neg

a deal but didn't work out)...and...have been tracking this forum for a year since back in

Singapore. :D

Appreciate your warm welcome, MF..."Ya Keam Hom" i too was searching for its Thai

common name as my vermiculture friend need to supply it aboard.So i downloaded some

Timonthy grass images to my cellphone and went checking with my in-laws(my herd care-

taker)Not Ya Ruzi, not Ya Fact, closer look its Ya Keam Hom. Have been keeping it to myself,

but no one post it to redbicycle so i thought i ought to share it.

One question: Maisefarmer n Tim207(the smart-a-lack) are you guys anti-vermiculture :o or

do you guys just have something against redbicycle? :D

RBH

Edited by RedBullHorn

One question: Maisefarmer n Tim207(the smart-a-lack) are you guys anti-vermiculture :o or

RBH

Nothing against worms or redbicycle. I do dislike people using fake identities to try to fool other posters and further a personal agenda though. If you are a real seperate person I appologize, but for the record, I still believe you are a figment of redbicycles imagination. If not, welcome, otherwise I suspect you will disappear into the ether rather quickly.

One question: Maisefarmer n Tim207(the smart-a-lack) are you guys anti-vermiculture :D or

RBH

Nothing against worms or redbicycle. I do dislike people using fake identities to try to fool other posters and further a personal agenda though. If you are a real seperate person I appologize, but for the record, I still believe you are a figment of redbicycles imagination. If not, welcome, otherwise I suspect you will disappear into the ether rather quickly.

Naa...I won't disappear, i've been around long enough to sense the on going politic

in this forum :D although i must admit it makes good reading pleasure when i'm really

free taking a break from all farm activities.

You'll see my username login from time to time but i rarely post :o ...so stop been nasty...

be nice...after all, i'm a newbie. Remember?...

regards

RBH

...have a vast interest in(two thumbs up for ewelve)vemiculture

Hey, I'm into vermiculture too. I get manure from my uncle's cows on a weekly basis and I keep it stockpiled in a windrow and use it up as needed. Sometimes I mix it with leaves if I have the time and sometimes I don't. I hadn't taken any from the pile for awhile as I've been focusing on the rice paddy (its the season now) but today I took a break to work in the vegetable garden. When I dug up the first load of manure I was astonished and pleased to see hundreds of worms of all sizes living near the bottom of the windrow in every square metre......FREE WORM CASTINGS!!!!! already mixed with the manure and not only did the worm castings go on the garden but so did the worms....where they will continue to do what they do the best....eat and shit!!

Sure beats paying those high prices for store bought castings....and its sooooo easy. Just make a pile of manure (and leaves and weeds if you have them) and wait!!!

Chownah

...have a vast interest in(two thumbs up for ewelve)vemiculture

Hey, I'm into vermiculture too. I get manure from my uncle's cows on a weekly basis and I keep it stockpiled in a windrow and use it up as needed. Sometimes I mix it with leaves if I have the time and sometimes I don't. I hadn't taken any from the pile for awhile as I've been focusing on the rice paddy (its the season now) but today I took a break to work in the vegetable garden. When I dug up the first load of manure I was astonished and pleased to see hundreds of worms of all sizes living near the bottom of the windrow in every square metre......FREE WORM CASTINGS!!!!! already mixed with the manure and not only did the worm castings go on the garden but so did the worms....where they will continue to do what they do the best....eat and shit!!

Sure beats paying those high prices for store bought castings....and its sooooo easy. Just make a pile of manure (and leaves and weeds if you have them) and wait!!!

Chownah

Firstly...as i proceed my post in this forum i notice i'm kind of :o ...I apologize...

and to RB, thanks for the PM. I'll get back to you after this...

So Chownah...seem like you appreciate the earth workers you discovered in your manure

pile. Yeah...all earthworms are good for the soil in the garden and their casting are good soil conditioner and nutrient activator. you proably have PE(Prionyx Excavatus "in this weather tempreture")...and garden worm...and millipede...and flat worm in your pile and the casting quality are out of control, to me that's just casual gardening.

What I'm trying to get my hands on are EF(Eisenia Fetida),that's the valuable one. Isolated

culturing...and marketting it...etc etc...you know the rest.

As i was once told, "Bro...Let me ask you...How much for a kg of Tilapia? 30Baht?...How much for a kg of Pig?...38?..35Baht?...What about the beef at the talat? 160 per kg? and 100Baht/kg

for the cricket huh???...Well...Do you know how much a kg of EF cost?...HaHaHa...For me to know for you to find out"... Yup! My jaw dropped when i found out.(Depend on season!)

:D RBH