U.S. military may send up to 1,000 troops to Mexico border

webfact

5 hours ago, jimmyyy said:

Turn around and go home, your not getting in.  Go home and do it legally. 

They come to the border to apply for asylum.  Their applications must be accepted and a meeting with an immigration officer takes place.  Stop regurgitating.  Surly some will try to do it illegally, but it’s not like they don’t know they are being watched ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

Military sent to deal with a horde of scared women and children. Seems pretty reasonable. Good ol stable genius. 

I agree!  In fact, I think the USA should invoke Article 5 of NATO.  I'm sure the Baltic countries consider themselves lucky now that the US will have to face down this invasion force of about 5,300 refugees from an impoverished Central American country.  This is what the cadets at West Point (US Military Academy) have been training for.  

God forbid that we have to go nuclear.  LOL 

PS, sure, Border Patrol will likely need some extra help, but let's keep this in perspective.  If all else fails in politics, blame the immigrants and ethnic groups to distract the voter from the truly serious problems.       

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Redline said:

They come to the border to apply for asylum.  Their applications must be accepted and a meeting with an immigration officer takes place.  Stop regurgitating.  Surly some will try to do it illegally, but it’s not like they don’t know they are being watched ????

Unfortunately the reality of 'apply for asylum' is in actuality going to be 'rush and crash the border.'  If they want to come up, apply for asylum, and live in Mexico until they either are accepted or denied, I don't see a problem.  That's not what is going to happen.  It's going to be a border rush in order to overwhelm those guarding the border.  It ain't gonna be pretty. 

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Even if it's a short-term deployment, it's another step toward militarization of our border," Isacson said, adding that 40 percent of people being apprehended at the border were children and families.

that would be ILLEGAL, does not matter gender or age. Immediate repatriation, DNA and Biometric data taken and a quick flight back. 

get over it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Srikcir said:

Based on Trump's many degenerate remarks about Mexico, clearly Mexico is not a safe country for these refugees any more than the country they flee from.

So that means the USA is the first Safe State - agree?

no, Illegal is illegal. the loopholes are a joke. Immediate repatriation is the only logical choice. Let the lefties cry and moan about empathy and feelings

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, billd766 said:

Is Twitter the legal way to do things in the USA now? The president tweets and everybody else does? No Congress, no checks and balances, no discussions, just the POTUS tweet?

executive powers are legal, so is defending the border

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

What is illegal? Has the Trump Administration enacted legislation that it is illegal to claim asylum at a US border entry point?

they are not asylum seekers, they are economic migrants. the asylum rules are being abused. 90 percent never show back up the hearings, that should tell you enough.

The illegal entries should b e returned that day. 

the congress refuses to update the central american countries immigration policy to be immediate repatriation like mexico, which is insane. Executive order would be the best short term solution, then let the looney left wing ninth circuit fight it in the SCOTUS

• Like 1

Politics just cracks me up all day and night. Even the news too.

Take any topic you would like, how to deal with rape victims for example. Who onows how to handle this situation? Rape victims! They know what to do! Just like an engineer knows how to build, people who have lived theough stuff know how it works and how to deal with it.

With that little nugget of info, how does politics actually work? 

People like Newt Gingrich sit in a chair on the news and tell us how we should handle rape victims, or drug attics, or immigrants. But they know nothing about the topic. All they know is how nice the air condition is going to be when they are driven home in their escalades. It is such a joke. The entire world and every system made is a joke. I am not jaded it is just the truth. 

How does your dentist make money? You come back, that is how he makes money. There is absolutely no incentive for dentists, or anyone in the world, to do their job well because every single human alive is a narcissistic pile of <deleted>. That is fine, but we need to develop a system one day where actual performance is rewarded. As it stands now, every single political decision and business decision there that exists is pure, unadulterated narcissistic bs. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, maga2020 said:

based on the fact they are cutting peoples faces off, Trump says something mean cry me a river.  Its an objective fact Mexico is a failed state, but for the same reason you lock your doors and put a password on your wifi, borders need security.

Below a map of tourism arrivals dating from way back. I guess the huge increase in tourism is from people wanting to have their faces cut off?

Mexico Tourist Arrivals

https://tradingeconomics.com/mexico/tourist-arrivals

• Haha 1

Well Trump wants the law to be respected and does not want hordes of illegal central/south american immigrants comming in. No big deal and many an European chiefs of state should take an example of this.

It is no secret that amongst the massive immigrant exodes globaly, ill-intented people mix into the crowd, with evil intentions towards their foreign hosts.

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Well Trump wants the law to be respected and does not want hordes of illegal central/south american immigrants comming in. No big deal and many an European chiefs of state should take an example of this.

It is no secret that amongst the massive immigrant exodes globaly, ill-intented people mix into the crowd, with evil intentions towards their foreign hosts.

It is also well known that immigrants from south of the border are less likely to commit crimes against persons and property than are US citizens. 

11 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

Military sent to deal with a horde of scared women and children. Seems pretty reasonable. Good ol stable genius. 

not scared enough to travel thru mexico though eh? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

13 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Wouldn't it be easier to get a tourist visa and just fly into the US instead of walking 1,000 miles to the US border from the south?

I believe that ISIL is now on an economizing campaign and is calling on its associates to walk or bike to work.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, jimmyyy said:

I would imagine the Dem's will not take either house of congress, and in 2020, they will be swept out of politics for many years to come.  They don't connect with American's anymore and thus there will be less and less of there kind in politics as the years pass by. 

Those who do not need to rely on imagination would recall most votes went to the other side's candidate - warts, and all. Cue nonsense ramblings about illegals voting etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kannot said:

not scared enough to travel thru mexico though eh? 

I do not expect everyone to read every one of my posts, but this is what we see every day.

Who are you? What do you know about being an immigrant without means? The truth is you probably know nothing. So why do you, and people like you, make decisions about it. 

Everyone should go out and watch a few of these outstanding documentaries that cover this topic. "Which Way Home" is a good one. I respect the guts and determination these immigrants have far more than anyone I can think of. Ask yourself this, how many of your buddies risk their lives and well being, to try and acheieve a goal? We do not know anyone who has done that is the simple truth. We comment about stuff we know nothing about. 

Not watching what these people go through anf what they sacrifice may not change your mind, and that is fine I totally respect that. But I feel it is important people understand exactly what is going on here. "Do it the legal way" just does not cut it. If you grow up in the gutter it does not work that way, you do not just walk into your local immigration office and say "give me a passport to the usa". How dense are some of you? There is only one way for some of these people to get out of danger and to take a shot at a dream. That does not mean you have to agree with them, or even respect them... but you should, because again, they have risked far more than you or anyone you know about 100 times over. 

• Like 1