Democrat leadership candidates vow to stay with party

rooster59

By The Nation

cde475ecd5078bbe724158d63ea6a901.jpeg

All three candidates competing to become the next leader of the Democrat Party on Friday promised not to leave the party if they lost the race.

Incumbent Democrat leader Abhisit Vejjajiva said he joined the party when he was 27 and never thought of leaving.

“My bond with the Democrat Party began when I was in primary school. This is the only political party in my life,” he added.

Warong Dechgitvigrom said the Democrat Party was his home and whatever happened, he would stay on and would help others to work for the party.

If he won the race, he would invite Abhisit and the other candidate – Alongkorn Ponlaboot – to join his team in running the party, Warong said.

“My goal in contesting this leadership race is to make our home stronger,” he said.

Answering the same question, Alongkorn said he experienced “much hardship” making his comeback to the party. The politician had been appointed by the junta to post-coup reform councils.

The trio took part in a public debate entitled “The 2018 Democrat debate: What Thais will get from it” and answered nine questions selected from party members.

The debate, held at the party’s headquarters in Bangkok, was broadcast live on the pro-Democrat, satellite television station Blue Sky Channel and its Facebook fanpage.

Responding to a question about their vision and political standpoint over the next general election, Abhisit said the political party with the highest number of MPs must get the right to form a government first.

He said the Democrat Party under his leadership would work with a coalition that can bring about benefits to the people, without any bargaining for political positions or interests.

Warong said his goal was to lead the party to an election victory and he would not allow himself to be influenced by anyone.

“I will go ahead with suppressing corruption. All political parties must respect the justice system,” he said.

Alongkorn said the Democrat Party under his leadership would not support an outsider prime minister. That would renew a political conflict and lead to a new crisis and a political “vicious cycle”.

“Under my leadership, the Democrat Party is ready to be in either the opposition or the government. Most importantly, we adhere to the public interest,” he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30357319

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-28

"...He said the Democrat Party under his leadership would work with a coalition that can bring about benefits to the people, without any bargaining for political positions or interests..."

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

The Democrat party has shown itself, time and time again, to be the largest collection of whores in the country. I have to say that in a country with Patpong, Potong, Nana, Soi Cowboy, Walking Street, etc etc etc, that is no mean feat.

They will bend over again for the PTB, as they have so many times.

"...without any bargaining for political positions or interests..."

Comedy gold.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The debate, held at the party’s headquarters in Bangkok, was broadcast live on the pro-Democrat, satellite television station Blue Sky Channel and its Facebook fanpage.

Not campaigning ? 

“My goal in contesting this leadership race is to make our home stronger,” he said

Promises without ideas as collateral  Same same.  It is strong.  It just is not fair.  Thailand is being left behind.   

“I will go ahead with suppressing corruption. All political parties must respect the justice system,” he said.

How about fixing the justice system.

Underwhelming as usual.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

What do you call a place where people come and go. Warong and Alongkorn left the party and joined movements that are contrary to the party’s value and principle. Now both are back and shamelessly declaring that they vow to stay with the party.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Not campaigning ? 

Promises without ideas as collateral  Same same.  It is strong.  It just is not fair.  Thailand is being left behind.   

How about fixing the justice system.

Underwhelming as usual.

The systems require an complete overhaul and thorough cleansing, less the slight fix here and there. 

Needs to be taken from it's roots - the real cause and effect. 

Any notions of novelty remain academic and rhetorically moot.

• Like 1

Abhisit has already shown himself to be weak, ineffective, feckless, incapable of running the nation and he is probably not a realistic option at this point. He had his chance. 

Is there anyone else out there? Anyone with good intentions? Anyone who could topple the regime?

Thailand desperately needs new leaders to emerge. 

On 10/27/2018 at 11:10 PM, Eric Loh said:

What do you call a place where people come and go. Warong and Alongkorn left the party and joined movements that are contrary to the party’s value and principle. Now both are back and shamelessly declaring that they vow to stay with the party.

A Plutocracy?