Line for 90 day at new location, near Airport.

SamSanuk

7 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Good for you but with the new broom upsetting the routine at Chiangmai immigration the staff may be somewhat pissed and rigidly enforce their rules.

If you are just starting to use the mail in the letter should arrive between 15-7 days of due date,stick with that and it should run smoothly. Better still, regularly try online, more and more people seem to be able to do it.

And if you do it online, who cares whether you have to spend 5 minutes again in 90 days or 80 or whenever. 

Has anyone used the PRIORITY LANE method since the move? My extension is not due to January but a friend who was not even aware the PL existed is due shortly and I would like to give him an update ie just roll up on the day,as was Promenda, or requirement to pre book  for example.He did ring them but didnt get a definitive answer and does not read TV

He's been paying an Agent for the last 3 years when he could of got fast tracked by the PL system.He's 78

Used to do it by mail then used to do it online, but now I can't do either. My wife lost my passport (threw it in the garbage basically) and I reported it lost to the local police stn. Then, I went to immigration to let them know and applied for a new passport that arrived within two weeks, great. Went to immigration and got the stamps transferred, great. Tried to do 90 days online...no. Too late to mail so I went in and was told that my passport (new one) is flagged on the computer as stolen. Do you have the police report? Showed it (old passport number) and she was fine. Next time, I tried by mail and got a call to appear at immigration. Same thing, showed police report and no problem. I've done the mail in three times now  and had three calls to appear at immigration. It's a real pain in the a$$ but my concern is what will happen when I take the kids back home for a holiday? Will I be allowed to leave the country? Worse still, will I be allowed back in the country? 

I have spoken to three officials at CM IMM and also BKK IMM and no one has a clue how to sort this out. They simply say take a copy of the police report of your lost/old passport if you need to travel and you will have no problems. What could possibly go wrong?

6 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Has anyone used the PRIORITY LANE method since the move? My extension is not due to January but a friend who was not even aware the PL existed is due shortly and I would like to give him an update ie just roll up on the day,as was Promenda, or requirement to pre book  for example.He did ring them but didnt get a definitive answer and does not read TV

He's been paying an Agent for the last 3 years when he could of got fast tracked by the PL system.He's 78

6 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Aplogies Thought I had deleted this as put on Q & A thread

Do it online or by mail or else there will be members here saying 'you have below average IQ'.

Note: I am just quoting above phrase.

I did mine online recently. Just have to fill in the correct fields .

Edited by EricTh

On 10/30/2018 at 1:53 PM, SamSanuk said:

Yes, I’ve tried it once on my iPad, then a friends computer. Couldn’t get past the first page. Told me to contact Immigration. I’m not giving up, but gosh, wish it was easier to do. 

So....might have to take the usual route.

Online works very well now , even with Chrome.

Make sure you are not to early , 14 days before not 15 days then it should work fine.

Good luck

For some reason I never thought of this before - but, the 90 day reporting date is always calculated from the date of arrival in Thailand, right?

That is , if someone arrived on June 1 then the due date will be in increments of 90 days from June 1. 

If I  report a few days earlier the next reporting date will still be in multiples of 90 days from June 1.

Normally this wouldn't be much of an issue but since I have done it online, and intend to again, the due date is more critical.

3 hours ago, Wandr said:

For some reason I never thought of this before - but, the 90 day reporting date is always calculated from the date of arrival in Thailand, right?

That is , if someone arrived on June 1 then the due date will be in increments of 90 days from June 1. 

If I  report a few days earlier the next reporting date will still be in multiples of 90 days from June 1.

Normally this wouldn't be much of an issue but since I have done it online, and intend to again, the due date is more critical.

How do you figure. Why would you wait to do it on day 90? No one does.