Pathum Thani man electrocuted while trying to catch fish

webfact

Pathum Thani man electrocuted while trying to catch fish

By The Nation

561000011292402.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

An afternoon fishing trip ended in tragedy on Tuesday when a Pathum Thani man was electrocuted beside a rice-field drainage ditch in Klong Luang district.

The body of Pan Sangyim, 38, was discovered along with his electrified fishing rig – a power cable attached to a wooden rod – beside a rice field in Moo 6 village, Tambon Klong Neung, Klong Luang district at 5pm.

He had a tell-tale burn on his chest.

The victim’s aunt, Bang-on Sangyim, 47, told police that Pan had left home at 2pm and not returned by 5pm, so she sent another nephew to look for him. He headed to the fishing spot and quickly found the body.

The body was sent for an autopsy at Thammasat University Hospital.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30357569

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-31

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Best Thai name I've heard in a while. 

Yeah, I had a student named Bang-on last year. It's one of the best names I've heard.

When I was teaching in China I had a female student whose nickname was  Food. I asked her why she picked that name and she said, "I like food!"

I said yeah man, me too and laughed.

Happened in my village too just a few days ago.

He was well known in the local market for selling his fish, not everybody was aware just how he was so successful catching them, until they found his body and the HD battery etc.

Poor guy was just tryin to feed his family, people need to appreciate the education levels of the modern world incl respect for electricity may not be available to a villager born in 1990, westerners are generally truly priveleged with their level of knowledge, keep that in mind when commenting on somebodys misfortune.

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 2:59 AM, webfact said:

The body of Pan Sangyim, 38, was discovered along with his electrified fishing rig – a power cable attached to a wooden rod

You couldn't make it up.