Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Best Spa birthday treat for Thai wife

davehowden

Looking for advice about a nice spa treatment for my Thai wife for her birthday, sort of "spoil yourself" for a few hours.

Anybody with recent knowledge, maybe best answered by ladies who would know what they liked about it.

Many thanks.

Most Thai ladies dont really care about details as long as they are not paying.

You sound like a wonderful man taking your wife for a spa treatment, I own a spa and I have never done that!

If you want to push the boat out then the top 3 places have always been Rarinjinda, Oasis, 4 seasons.

Then next tier level Cheeva and FahLanna.

Then a glut of mid priced places.

But be aware you do not always pay for what you get.

I can tell you its a good time for a bargain at the top end, they are being hit hard like the rest of us with a downtrend in tourists and Oasis for example are offering 2for 1 on spa treatments.

Having said that the cheapest is 2700bt.....so you can go with her.

Another tip, choose a package with a facial, women love being facially pampered.

Lazada sells all sorts including Karcher.... I would stick with one that is 130psi or above...

Also you can go look at many brands at HomePro ang Globalhouse... But with these you have to deal with the sales guys (which I politely listen but ignore to as I look)

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?spm=a2o4m.pdp.search.1.2eee7f80SZlyJ0&q=pressure washer&_keyori=ss&from=suggest_normal&sugg=pressure washer_0_1

Lazada sells all sorts including Karcher.... I would stick with one that is 130psi or above...

Also you can go look at many brands at HomePro ang Globalhouse... But with these you have to deal with the sales guys (which I politely listen but ignore to as I look)

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?spm=a2o4m.pdp.search.1.2eee7f80SZlyJ0&q=pressure washer&_keyori=ss&from=suggest_normal&sugg=pressure washer_0_1

Blimey!!! I bet your wife would be well chuffed with that as a present instead of a spa day!!!

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

When you come from Chiang Mai centre and pass in front of promenada (ex immigration) to sankampaeng and continue straight. Then I think it is about 15 km later on thevleft there is a hotspring. Do not stop at the first place on yhe right but continue untill you see another place with a beautifull park with lake and garden on a road on the right. They offer spring water spa and very good massages.

I will try to ask to my gf the name. Really enjoyable with very good quality massage and the whole thing must cost 500 per person with a good 200 tip to make them happy. I think that it is a government owned place.

8 minutes ago, Lou Provencaou said:

When you come from Chiang Mai centre and pass in front of promenada (ex immigration) to sankampaeng and continue straight. Then I think it is about 15 km later on thevleft there is a hotspring. Do not stop at the first place on yhe right but continue untill you see another place with a beautifull park with lake and garden on a road on the right. They offer spring water spa and very good massages.

I will try to ask to my gf the name. Really enjoyable with very good quality massage and the whole thing must cost 500 per person with a good 200 tip to make them happy. I think that it is a government owned place.

Thank you Lou.

If your gf have name or telephone number for there is much appreciated.

1 hour ago, davehowden said:

Thank you Lou.

If your gf have name or telephone number for there is much appreciated.

Just throwing this one in as your location reminded me of the Onsen spa.

Thats just a few hunfred metres from the hot springs...but youre not even going to get a foot massage for 500

A few years ago it was my wife`s and I wedding anniversary. So I decided to treat her to a meal out in the town and we would go for a couples massage and treatment at a spa. I won`t give out any spa names to avoid this post being deleted, but over the course of a few days we tried 3 different spas and each one ended up as a great disappointment. Not been to one since.

At each spa the female staff paid most of their attentions to me and treated my wife as an inconvenience her just being there. Probably because in their minds, I am the Farang, the person paying and more likely to give a tip. I also believe that the staff are not really experienced and these places are well over priced. Just the same old thing as at regular massage parlours but in posh surroundings.

The OP would probably be better off taking his wife for a nice romantic meal at a decent restaurant, Dave`s Kitchen comes to mind, then have a romantic night at a nice 5 star hotel.

Archived