Baby flying out of thailand with 2 passports

I just want to double check my knowledge before we fly to europe for a holiday. 

My baby has thai passport and a western passport which is blank and never been used. 

We check into the flights just giving the thai passport - or should I offer both. When exiting immigration I show the thai passport. 

9 hrs later in europe I show the western passport (no visa is required). Exit europe on this passport. 

Fly back into thailand and just show her thai passport. Is this correct?

thanks

When you check in show them the western passport as the airline will need to know the child visa status before issuing the ticket.

Then show the Thai pp at immigration at the airport.

Show the western on upon arrival.

Upon return to Thailand show just the Thai pp.

• Thanks 1

It sounds problematic switching between showing Thai and Western / other nationality passports at different steps but I think we might do that (but my wife is usually handling them and that paperwork).  The main restriction is that you enter a country and leave it on the same passport, that your child gets stamped in and back out using the same one.  Depending on where we go our kids use either a US or Thai version, depending on which gets them out of using an issued visa, and they always come back in through immigration using the Thai version.

In general people tend to say not to show anyone two passports but I'm not sure if that would ever be a problem.  We don't do that anyway; they just need to see the one the kids are using.

Its simple... 

Depart from and Arrive in Thailand on the Thai Passport

Do an Air-Swap 

Arrive in and Depart from Your home country (or country of Choice) on the 'Western' Passport

When departing Thailand the Airline Check in Counter 'may' notice an absence of visa, showing the Western Passport covers that. 

There is no need to show both passports at an Immigration counter anywhere. 

• Like 1

The replies offered are correct.  Easy peasy.

But I will add on note:  Have your child's birth certificate as well.  I have 3 babies and first time taking one out of Thailand they ask to see the birth certificate.  Repeat trips never been asked but first time they always have.

YMMV

On 11/3/2018 at 12:34 PM, 86Tiger said:

The replies offered are correct.  Easy peasy.

But I will add on note:  Have your child's birth certificate as well.  I have 3 babies and first time taking one out of Thailand they ask to see the birth certificate.  Repeat trips never been asked but first time they always have.

YMMV

Yes, I had to show my son's Thai birth certificate at the airport when he left Thailand for the first time on his new UK passport.  It could be different for babies leaving on a Thai passport though, but I'd still have it to hand.

I leave out of Thailand, the baby born in Thailand, showing the EU passport.

They require to see Thai birth certificate at the ImmPass control of the airport in Thailand, then they stamped the passport of the baby with the date of exit

and a sentence under in Thai language "Dek kiet noy Thai" ( Child born in Thai )

That all.

They require the birth certificate just on the one first exit

I leave out of Thailand, the baby born in Thailand, showing the EU passport.

They require to see Thai birth certificate at the ImmPass control of the airport in Thailand, then they stamped the passport of the baby with the date of exit
and a sentence under in Thai language "Dek kiet noy Thai" ( Child born in Thai )

That all.

They require the birth certificate just on the one first exit

Show both passports to the checkin desk as you will need to show the carrier your children have the right to enter the uk without a visa(uk citizens) then exit Thai immigration on there Thai passports and completing the TM 6 and immigration will keep the departure part of form
Enter the uk using their uk passports( no visa required)
Exit the uk again using their uk passports
On arrival back in Thailand complete the arrivals portion of the previously submitted TM 6 and enter using their Thai passports
As Aliens we submit the larger part of the TM 6 on arrival and the smaller part is retained and we keep that until we next exit TH as Thai citizens your children will have to complete a TM 6 but only need to complete the smaller portion which is for departures(all Thai nationals have to do this)
On their return they complete the larger part of the already submitted TM 6
Quite simple really just follow the rules
Enjoy your trip

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app