The Top 10 Beaches in Phuket

rooster59

The Top 10 Beaches in Phuket

By The Thaiger

Cr6tc4.jpg

Phuket’s beaches have undergone a substantial upgrade since the 2014 military government swept commercial businesses from the sands of west coast Phuket. Little shanty restaurants, the ubiquitous plastic sun lounges and tatty old umbrellas were removed. After the dust settled we’ve now got limited chairs and umbrellas for rent along some of the beaches, not all.

You’ll still find beach vendors on Phuket’s best beaches, jet skis and parasail rides plying their trade on some of the busier beaches these days but it’s a much less invasive experience compared to pre-2014 when it was, for most, getting out of hand. So many of Phuket’s beaches now truly look like the travel brochure photos, at last – gone are the wall-to-wall sun lounges and umbrellas.

Here’s The Thaiger’s Top 10 best beaches, in no particular order…

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/the-top-10-beaches-in-phuket

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-11-03

"Whilst lifeguards patrol most of the popular beaches there are time when lifeguards may not be on duty."

I was under the impression there weren't any lifeguards at all at the moment, while the corruption investigation into the company running them is ongoing?

Even when they were there, we kept reading reports about how they were inadequately trained.

Yes we owe so so much to the Junta....#10) the new  kho san rd #9) revival of period clothes#8) the revival of clothes from another peiod #7) the period of  clothes revival..# 6 ) more period clothes...#5 ) vintage clothes..#4) period dancing... #3) more hubs than a 7 wheeled rickshaw.... #2) more period clothes and the number one accomplishment of the military rule ..YES  old clothes....PERIOD.

Edited by mok199
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

On our daily walk along Kata beach this morning I remarked to my wife that the number of chairs and brollies were back to same level as before the clean out. Maybe more.

There are definitely fewer in Karon, though more than last season. But Russians seem to prefer a mat on the sand and the overwhelming majority of tourists on the beach this season are from Russia.

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

There are definitely fewer in Karon, though more than last season. But Russians seem to prefer a mat on the sand and the overwhelming majority of tourists on the beach this season are from Russia.

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

They prefer mats,free, for the same reason they prefer to buy their beer in 7/11 .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I wonder who makes these kinds of list or recommendations.

If I would know a beautiful beach which is until now not full of tourists why would I publish that information?

See before and after...

Before.jpg.9e5f4b07d709710b5a19f184c1d6c5a2.jpg

After.jpg.3f8ca68b9b0c25603ba2a0a59685ce01.jpg

Maya Bay has been closed for a number of months and is in Phi Phi, not Phuket.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Maya Bay has been closed for a number of months and is in Phi Phi, not Phuket.

Thank you for this information. I must have missed that while it was everyday in the news for the last weeks.

I used above pictures just as a demonstration about what happens if tourists read one of these "best x beaches in y" lists.

Even Patong beach was beautiful and without tourists - a long time ago...