UK Settlement Visa - Courier for docs to Sheffield

On 11/4/2018 at 2:33 PM, CharlieH said:

Does it have to be a "courier" ? EMS is quick and fully trackable

I followed this advice which was great - and it cost less than I had calculated.

Unfortunately, there is an issue with delivery and I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience. I can only imagine that the P. O. address is causing an issue. The last thing I want is the documents back and lose 10/12 days.

November 7, 2018
05:59:52
Bangkok EMS Centre Container Received
November 7, 2018
10:04:48
SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Container Received
November 7, 2018
13:52:01
SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Departure From Outward OE
November 9, 2018
03:23:00
Great Britain (GBCVTA) Accept
November 9, 2018
03:26:00
Great Britain (GBCVTA) Items Into Container
November 9, 2018
03:26:00
Great Britain (GBCVTA) Dispatch
November 9, 2018
11:51:00
Great Britain (O22492) Out for Delivery
November 9, 2018
14:12:00
Great Britain (S11 0FX) Scheduled delivery attempt due to Incorrect Address Scheduled delivery attempt due to Incorrect Address Scheduled delivery attempt due to Incorrect Address
November 9, 2018
17:27:00
Great Britain (S11 0FX) Utility
November 9, 2018
17:39:00
Great Britain (S11 8NX) Incorrect Address

You or your sponsor should send your settlement visa application along with supporting documents to the UK address below.

Settlement Applications
International Operations and Visas
PO Box 5852
Sheffield
United Kingdom
S11 0FX

Edited by Jip99

The "possible"issue here is that being a PO Box, possibly unmanned facility, and if not within a postal facility, no one may be available to "sign" for it ?

I would suggest telephoning them (application office) if possible and ask them as to "why" you are getting the "incorrect address" response from delivery.

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

The "possible"issue here is that being a PO Box, possibly unmanned facility, and if not within a postal facility, no one may be available to "sign" for it ?

I would suggest telephoning them (application office) if possible and ask them as to "why" you are getting the "incorrect address" response from delivery.

Thanks Charlie, can you clarify "application office"...

Obviously, the local Thai PO has done their bit and are too far removed from where the problem lies. The last tracking entries suggest that the package is at a local (S11 8NX) sorting office - I would ideally like to speak to them.

I have subsequently read, on immigration boards, of similar issues. That is the bit I can't understand - if VfS (as agent for the Home Office) quote a PO box number they surely must know that there have been problems.

Contacting UKVI would be impossible in the likely time-frame before the PO sends everything back. Costly emails ( £5.48) with a 48 hour response time, or premium rate calls ( £1.37 per minute )  to a call centre, are not attractive options. Neither are available at weekends.

I will speak to the Thai EMS call centre (all staff busy at the moment !) as I would like to understand what the issue is, and whether the package is likely to be deliverable - or, will the EMS system require it to be be returned to Thailand ? I want to avoid that; the only person 'in situ' is the London Based sponsor, to whom I would want the package returned to.

If anyone reading this lives in Hallam, Sheffield and knows a sorting office in Ecclesall Road - please PM me ????

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

PM sent.

Thanks Charlie...... I will keep plugging away.

For anyone following this thread:-

It is like peeing in the wind.

If I try and call UKVI (the intended recipient via a PO Box) it is premium rate and a call centre (not open at weekends):-

By phone
Telephone: 00 44 203 481 1736
Monday to Friday, 24 hours
Calls cost £1.37 per minute on top of your standard network charges.

Email as bad:-

By email
Email UK Visas and Immigration.
Emails enquiries cost £5.48. You will not be charged for any follow-up emails about the same enquiry.

You’ll get a reply to your email within 2 days, except on Saturdays, Sundays and UK public holidays.

EMS Thailand call centre were actually quite helpful