Air in the water system

Krabi King

Hi,

We use a water tank with water pump for our home. We always draw water directly from the tank, so not from the municipality (that's where the tank fills from though)

Every few days air starts accumulating in the system. The water flow starts pulsating and the pump starts working harder. It gets worse over time if we don't bleed the air out every now and then.

I bleed the Mitsubishi pump through the larger valve on the bottom. I let the water run out for a while and then close it up again. And everything is fine for a few days until it starts accumulating air again. I'm not sure if the problem lies with the pump or anywhere else. As far as we know there are no leaks in the lipe system. That would also cause the pump to work when we are not using water. This is not the case. It's a newly built house too, 6 months old, so age is not a factor.

Would appreciate some ideas or similar experiences regarding this.

TIA

It actually sounds like your pump pressure tank is getting waterlogged.

If bleeding it fixes the issue for a while, then the only solution is a replacement tank, they're not expensive.

Are you quite sure you have the correct technique for your pump, Google the pump type and "bleeding".

• Thanks 1

"Pulsating" pumps are older technology aren't they? Maybe the OP needs a "constant pressure pump". This is what we had in Buriram. Hitachi. Very good flow and no pulsating.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Crossy said:

It actually sounds like your pump pressure tank is getting waterlogged.

If bleeding it fixes the issue for a while, then the only solution is a replacement tank, they're not expensive.

Are you quite sure you have the correct technique for your pump, Google the pump type and "bleeding".

Thanks Crossy, I'll look into that. I've used this technique for the bleeding:

The pump we have is a similar Mitsubishi, actually WP-85Q5.

8 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

"Pulsating" pumps are older technology aren't they? Maybe the OP needs a "constant pressure pump". This is what we had in Buriram. Hitachi. Very good flow and no pulsating.

Our pump came with the house. It's just a single floor, 3 bedroom house. Not very big. As I understand the constant pressure pumps are quite more expensive and for larger houses? Our neighbour's have the same house and system, and don't have any problems.

Thanks so far 🙏🏼

I have separate upstairs and downstairs pump and I need to bleed the upstair pump every couple of months regularly when it start to 'pulse' , I suspect it's the water in the pipes upstairs flowing back into the pump that causes this, as we use the upstair bathroom less 

I suspect a check valve after the pump would solve this but the bother of installing one vs bleeding every once in a while mean it's put off for now, and now after extended period of no use we just shut of the valves and the problem went away

• Thumbs Up 1

I have the same pump with the same problem, and I bleed it exactly as shown in the video. I have replaced the tank with a stainless steel one from Lazada as the original rusted out. Bleeding seems to solve the problem for a while but eventually pulsing starts again. Fortunately we only use the pump as a standby for when mains water is turned off, which is rarely, so I put up with the "problem".

• Thumbs Up 1