First time purchase on AliExpress - will it auto cancel?

MJKT2014

I've made my first ever purchase (99USD) on AliExpress with a  Thai debit card first time usage on AliExpress addressed to Bangkok but the AliExpress status says:

>Status:
>The supplier is processing your order 
>Reminder:
>Your order will be automatically cancelled if the seller fail to ship your order in 1days 22hours 10minutes 00seconds .

with the reminder clock running since 4days and due to expire tomorrow. I'm new to AliExpress shopping as was wondering if I should let clock run out (will I get a refund or shipment continue?) or choose option to extend processing time - or will that be fruitless?

Any advise welcomed. 
Edited by MJKT2014

The money is taken out but is held by AliExpress, not the trader you have bought from.

If they do not ship then AliExpress return your money to the card account automatically and the order is cancelled.

That is my understanding of the system.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. After 4 days the item was supposedly shipped. I now have logistics information that will update after 5 to 10 days after which the tracking number might be recognised. Not as fast as using Lazada that's for sure. No worries, item was cheaper and I can wait.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:04 AM, briley said:

If they do not ship then AliExpress return your money to the card account automatically and the order is cancelled.

Well my first AliExpress purchase went very well in the end.

There was a long quiet period at start waiting for shipment to start notification and I selected to extend the AliExpress 4 day cut off period to 6 days to avoid AliExpress cancelling order, but in the end the item shipped on day 4. It took until day 9 to get a tracking number and after that things went very quickly, with about 5 days from export from China to arriving on my doorstep in Bangkok. The estimated delivery period was 15-28Nov and it arrived on 13-Nov. The item costs 4400THB on Lazada and only 95USD (the gave me a 4USD coupon for free) on AliExpress.