The Most Beautiful Travel Destination In The World

Polarbeast

The readers of a Norwegian travel magazine has voted for Thailand as the most beautiful travel destination in the world, with Hawaii as number two! And the most ugly? That is Hurgada in Egypt

Good that they leave the really beautyful places alone then. They might then have a chance to stay that way a bit longer. Just send them to Thailand, it makes much needed money, not much more to destroy left anyhow.

The readers of a Norwegian travel magazine has voted for Thailand as the most beautiful travel destination in the world, with Hawaii as number two! And the most ugly? That is Hurgada in Egypt

well, i'll agree to thailand being the most beautiful destination in the world.

the thing is, it depends on what one wants and los has got it all if one looks around.

its not the same as 20 years ago but no where is. :o

Went down the South of Thailand recently for working purposes, and saw some of the most beautiful scenery and flora. Place called "Khanom" near Nakorn Si Thammarat. No tourists, minging hippies or beer bars, it was a wonderful, idyllic place.

I'd be bored to tears within about 3 days of actually living there, but after seeing somewhere so breathtaking, it took a while to sink in that this was still Thailand. Doubtless some smart-arsed, posing little Bangkok <deleted> has plans to stuff a 6-lane concrete highway through the middle of it all, but I'll go back soon and enjoy it again while it lasts....

Depends what you're into really. If they're including nightlife, the whole package, then perhaps Thailand is. Hawaii is really beautiful as well, apart from the dodgy natives and crap nightlife, but NZ beats the lot IMO if simply talking about a beautiful travel destination.

I think we have to remember that what we 'see' is very much dependent upon what we are used to, contrast creates a bigger impression.

I recall visiting Kho Samet at the end of my first week in Thailand back in the late 80s, only days earlier I had been in Edinburgh, the contrast was huge and and naturally my impressions where those we all have when we see such contrasted beauty.

Likewise when my wife first visited to Edinburgh, she raved over the beauty of the city and countryside.

Contrast and change... that's the secret.

I think we have to remember that what we 'see' is very much dependent upon what we are used to, contrast creates a bigger impression.

Dunno, but after the first week at a tropical beach i found that the beaches at the Atlantic in Spain and Portugal were still far more beautyful, and far better food available, and the architecture is no comparism.

The reason i stayed for longer was that there were excellent waves, and no need to wear a wetsuit like in the Atlantic.

And Thailand doesn't even have much of a wave to speak off, and the little ones in Phuket last only a few months.

<deleted> should i go to a beach here - crap food by shit restaurants, hot, and full of creepy crawlies, and utterly uninspiring architecture?

yep when I was a boy people used to think Blackpool Beach, England was beautiful. If you had been brought up in the industralised cities in the UK it was., but not so if you came from the Highlands of Scotland I would guess.

What does Hurgada in Egypt have that makes it a travel destination if it is so ugly? I guess its the ugly beach?

I always find those silly pyramid thingies to be a bit of an eyesore. Same as that Sphincter thingy next to them. Dreadful.

I say bulldoze the lot and put in a nice Butlins or whatever.

If we're talking natural scenery here ... as opposed to other attractions.

New Zealand .. The whole country is beautiful ! Much too nice for the Kiwi's. :o

Banff National Park ... Plus other spots in Canada.

Many south pacific islands. Only because of the gorgeous seas, as tropical flora is not so

impressive ... in my opinion.

The Scottish Highlands.

Switzerland.

Samut Prakan.

Naka.

Edited by naka

What does Hurgada in Egypt have that makes it a travel destination if it is so ugly? I guess its the ugly beach?

I always find those silly pyramid thingies to be a bit of an eyesore. Same as that Sphincter thingy next to them. Dreadful.

Do you mean that people actually go there and LOOK at them? Stoooopid....you can see pictures of them almost everywhere in the world...who would GO there? It must be a case of mass hypnosis or some mindless following of tour operators' advice.

Chownah

Do you mean that people actually go there and LOOK at them? Stoooopid....you can see pictures of them almost everywhere in the world...who would GO there? It must be a case of mass hypnosis or some mindless following of tour operators' advice.

Chownah

There aren't any pyramids at Hurghada or a Sphinx :o .

It's all 5 star Sheraton,Hilton and Movenpick resorts in a Meditteranean style.

Actually quite nice.

Excellent diving and crystal clear waters.

There is even a brewery that makes Saqqara beer.

reason for edit: misspelled movenpick

Edited by pampal

Thailand has got some nice sites, but a lot of it is covered in rubbish and discarded plastic bags, hedgerows are ripped up and pavements are a nightmare, pollution is also very bad.

Norway has world heritage sites in its fjords as well as many other stunning enviroments and,

apart from the obvious differences, is far more beautiful than Thailand.

I wonder which Thai bar the Norwegian journalist was in when he made his assessment.

well, i'll agree to thailand being the most beautiful destination in the world.....

Good Lord, surely you meant that as a joke, didn't you? If you didn't, I'd suggest you either drink less, or maybe more. I've been in uglier places than Thailand -- southcentral LA comes to mind -- but darn few.

Chownah

Actually quite nice.

I worked in Hurghada quite often during the late 70's. No tourists (a pass was required to leave Cairo, and they weren't given to tourists). No hotels (Esso had a guesthouse there). No restaurants. No scheduled flights (there was a dirt-strip runway with a bus-shelter as the passenger terminal). Nothing. Oh, there were quite a few landmines on the beach.

wWthout a doubt , the most beautiful place in the whole wide world is a little country which has everything....good beaches, equitable climate,many picturesque hills and valleys, a long and varied history,and wonderfully friendly people...

I speak, of course, of Wales! the only drawback is the neighbours.......England!

wWthout a doubt , the most beautiful place in the whole wide world is a little country which has everything....good beaches, equitable climate,many picturesque hills and valleys, a long and varied history,and wonderfully friendly people...

I speak, of course, of Wales! the only drawback is the neighbours.......England!

You forgot your sheep thing ! anyway you only said that about England because your lot are going to get wopped by us at rugby - Again,

baa

Thailand is not the most beautiful and Hurghada isn't the ugliest

But I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder

For snorkling Hurgada is still 90% intact.

If you take a boat to go diving in the wrechs, reefs or islands, it is the most beautifull place in the world. The largest biodiversity concentrated is on the red sea between hurgada and sharm el sheick.

Chownah

Yeah right,

And would would go to the temples in Sukhotai, you can buy postcards of it

And who would go to Koh Pipi as you can look at "the beach movie",

And who would go to Italie, in any pizza restaurant you will have it paint or in poster,

And who would go Beijin look at the wall as you have it in James Bond or discovery channel,

and who would go to eastern island, you can see the face statues in your gameboy playing supermario...

Isn't it better to see all this in real????

well, i'll agree to thailand being the most beautiful destination in the world.....

Good Lord, surely you meant that as a joke, didn't you? If you didn't, I'd suggest you either drink less, or maybe more. I've been in uglier places than Thailand -- southcentral LA comes to mind -- but darn few.

Beautiful?

Krabi gives most places a run for their money. :o

Chownah

Actually quite nice.

I worked in Hurghada quite often during the late 70's. No tourists (a pass was required to leave Cairo, and they weren't given to tourists). No hotels (Esso had a guesthouse there). No restaurants. No scheduled flights (there was a dirt-strip runway with a bus-shelter as the passenger terminal). Nothing. Oh, there were quite a few landmines on the beach.

You should see it now, quite different than what you saw back in the 70's

It's amazing what can happen in 30 years :D

Wales only exists to keep the English and Irish apart. :o