Billy Vows Never To Return To Phuket

faultytower

I won't waste the electrons by doing the copy past edit the long post..

Firstly, I for one like the rise in prices etc. Phuket is lovely and the government has decided to make it the S.E. Asain Playland for then well heeled.... I'm happy with that! I hope that will keep out the filp flop wearing unwashed backpackers out of town. Not to long ago a pair used the Hong Nam together and wanted to pay onyl 5 baht rather than 10 since they used it at the same time, and then did a runner on the 5 baht,....A runner on a hong na tab.

Patong is looking great with a new road near compleation, Jung Clylong and all the new developments on Soi Nanai... Thye are nice as I participate in a sellers party..Now view....

Lost of land to be devloped in Patong and more project for the well heeled. Ask the Bar Owners whom they would like to see in Patong!

My only broken heart about Phuket was when I had to Opt Out of a sales contract at the Rewana. They have yet to revert to Lease contracts and I'm not going to try for a Free Hold Corp as thing are now. I have and Thai Lawyer working on getting on of the two houses on the market at Patong Seaview to convert to Lease..........

I do like Bangkok for a few days everyother month, I stay at the J.W. Marriott and am usually back into the hotel for Happy Hour in the Exec Lounge at 1730 hours. I'm not a Pattaya person at all.end of that story...Now there was some mention in the posters blog about "Up country" , sure it is differnet there. If you'll not that the Farang House building is going big guns up there. You can build a house there for 250K USD that would be over a mill USD in Phuket plus the cost of the land.....Upcounty will change as the Farang go more and more into that area. Will is be a Farangite Haven in then next 20 years....who knows..but it would be alot easier for the " Issan Princesses" to ride the motor bike to a bar zone near the village and rip off the Farang rather than having to go to the Big City...........

Phuket changing....sure and I like it! Seems the villagers are taking it well, look how much money they get for moving their tin/wood shanty house to the other side of the village to make room for a road devide!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Firstly, I for one like the rise in prices etc
:o I’m with you here. Soon it will be as Mallorca and where do the crowds go then :D
Patong is looking great
:D

30 years ago, yes.

for the well heeled.

They will never ever set their feet there.

Phuket changing....sure and I like it!

Yes the increased traffic, crime, violence and pollution and not to forget the shopping centres have indeed made it a paradise.

for the well heeled.
:o

What on Earth, Phuket is probably the most well heeled place in Asia, Have you even been to places like Surin, Laguna etc... There are thousands of multi-million dollar vacation homes, Trisara, Amanpuri etc... The other day I saw a 50 million$ yacht parked up at the yacht haven.

What on Earth, Phuket is probably the most well heeled place in Asia, Have you even been to places like Surin, Laguna etc...

My family use to stay at Laguna Beach Resort / Allamanda Laguna Resort when

they visit Phuket.

Until 2004 I used to park at the Sheraton Grande Laguna Phuket twice a week and walked through the buildings down to Bangtao for a morning swim. Now days the parking lot is always filled up and the construction around Laguna don’t make me feel for going there.

However the hotel complex is still very nice, but the surroundings and all the construction going on is worrisome.

My wife’s have friends working at Amanpuri and Banyan Tree so I have a small idea about how this places look today. However I would have preferred it like it was before.

BTW, I don’t really consider people wealthy because they stay at Laguna Phuket, however Amanpuri is another story.

I guess this tread about Phuket is a shadow of our interests, and that some people like city life, more urban, with more crowds everywhere, increased traffic, noise and crime. I respect them, but to say Phuket is a better place to live now than 10-15 years ago… :o

Well for some thousand Thai’s from “Issan” yes. For the old local lady who pushes her carton out in the Soi we live, for then give it to the second hand shop… for a few Baht, it seems life is just as it was.

I’m a nature lover and grateful to have get a taste of this Island when it still was “nearly natural” and had hoped that the authorities had done everything to keep it that way.

Well it didn’t go that way, unfortunately have the greed for more money also nearly destroyed Phuket compared to how it was. :D

I’m unfortunately quite sure that they who want to live in a big town with access to the ocean, however through a long queue will have their way. The rest of us…. well my guess is Phang-nga as the next Paradise. :D

Ben

maybe I wasn't detailed enough. I used to like Phuket as whilst Patong has for many years been a tacky Blackpool in the sun, it was fun , cheap and the other beaches around were mainly pristine, IE Surin and Laem Sing., However even at Surin they were some huge developments going on and even on the hill at laem sing. Even the locals complained about it. Each and every beach was getting developed and thats why i had enough

not to mention the jetskies. If they left the development at patong with a slight overspill at Karon and Kata and left the rest of island alone as they had done 5 years ago then it would still be great but as well all know

the Thais just can't stop building and trying to make more and more money. its a joke. Even Spain keeps

its tourist development in one or two areas on their islands and keep other places nice as they understand

about killing the golden goose, something the thais will never do. They shoudl ahve learnt their lesson with pattaya but they havn't and for that they can go to hel_l

about killing the golden goose, something the thais will never do. They shoudl ahve learnt their lesson with pattaya but they havn't and for that they can go to hel_l

The Thai's will assuredly kill that goose.

No question.

Like the tale of the frog that helped the scorpian cross the river.

"But if you sting me whilst I help you cross the water on my back,

we will both die" said the frog.

"I promise I won't" replied the scorpian.

Half way across the river, the scorpian stings the frog and they both

start to drown.

"Why did you do that? Now we will both die" gasped the dying frog.

"I can't help it....................it's in my nature" spluttered the scorpian. :o

Edited by billythehat

yep

that about sums the thai mentality up.

strangley enough though many Thais are also sick of whats becoming of their

environment. My doctor in bangkok after the tsunami said

"maybe the sea was angry".

a beach boy from patong said

"I'm very worried, where is the nature in Patong"

It seems that the tourism industry is controlled by mafia types and is totally unregulated.

After the tsunami they had an ideal opportunity to get back on the right track.

read this

www.cdnn.info/special-report/tsunami/tsunami.html

also remember afterwards they said all deck chairs would be banned

as obviously a deck chair in the face contributed to the high death toll

Also tuk tuks would not be allowed to park on the beach road in patong

as a tuk tuk in the face was equally not a good thing.

However by all reports both are back with avengeance

I mean come on what is wrong with these people that they can't even control this?

Also what about the supposed jetski ban

pathetic

The national catchphrase should be " I am Thai, therefore i build to destroy"

sorry here is the complete link

www.cdnn.info/news/industry/i050226.html

have they better planned their beach development as this report suggests.

"Ms Barnett is confident that any rebuilding along the affected coastlines will now be better planned. "Local people recognise the opportunities that this catastrophe has opened up for everyone to benefit from sustainable tourism," she said."

have they <deleted>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D again fortunately ... there is more to Phuket than Patong ... but really ... the few that are leaving won't be missed!

and your criteria for those leaving is?

are the assumed to be unsuitable to sit at the same table?

the few?

got some numbers there?

how do you know if they will be missed?

perhaps some locals derive some living from them?

Hello, If you think for one minute taht all those old rich dudes with hags who would empty their coffers of all their lfe long earnings don't lip into Patong for some of the good stuff..... You nuts. Patong is a lovely little slice of heaven on earth. My regular accomodation is 4 Star and works well for me...Am I inb search of a Bangla Princess......Yes I am and I am a Big Butterfly! Patong is just lovely... I cohse to sty near the night life and explore about in the day! I most often take a rental car, except during big holidays etc. and almost always drive out of Patong everydayu..beside the girls love a man with a car... I happen to know a few little secluded spots on the island where a gent and enjoy some fine moments with the right lady!

:D again fortunately ... there is more to Phuket than Patong ... but really ... the few that are leaving won't be missed!

and your criteria for those leaving is?

are the assumed to be unsuitable to sit at the same table?

the few?

got some numbers there?

how do you know if they will be missed?

perhaps some locals derive some living from them?

The few ... as numbers of tourists are increasing ....... yeah ... the few. And yes there is far more to Phuket than Patong :D If a local gets a living from the one leaving ... they will get more from the new one coming :D <nature of living in Thailand ... the longer you are here the more you undrstand the value/price of things :D >

I'll sit at a table with most anyone though ... just not with crazies ....

He said Patong...

And I tend to agree that Patong is not so much the playground of the wealthy..

What? :o:D

Phuket is lovely and the government has decided to make it the S.E. Asain Playland for then well heeled..

OK in case reading isnt your strong suit...

Patong is looking great

30 years ago, yes.

for the well heeled.

He said Patong...

And I tend to agree that Patong is not so much the playground of the wealthy..

well I'm minted and I play there. They call me "Farang Ngo". I presume that's complimentary

Patriot.. The closest to minted you get.. Is standing next to me !! :o

And the wealthy (Amanpuri crowd) dont play here.. We are the modestly well off..

:D LivinLOS, Felt 35 was quoting Soi Song who was talking about PHUKET, not Patong. It was Felt who obscurely changed it to Patong and you who went along with him while others were baffled at what the eff you two were on about.

Yeah, reading eally is not my strong suit. :o

You need to look again..

Ben (post 63) replied to Felt35 (post 62) and I posted to ben

I quoted post 62's relevant part.. Once more..

Patong is looking great

30 years ago, yes.

for the well heeled.

To which Ben took all Phuket..

I cant make it any clearer than 3 successive posts.. Then again I have noted in other threads how you liek to take the day is nigth perspective..

Soi Song's post was #61 to which Felt replied. :o

If you still don't get it, you do need help LivinLOS. :D

And let me quote myself to make it a bit clearer for you: "It was Felt who obscurely changed it to Patong and you who went along with him while others were baffled at what the eff you two were on about."

Thanks for giving me a good laugh by the way. :D

Edited by ThaiGoon

Even if felt had changed it to 'Patong' (and he didnt 'change' anything.. Quote comes from first words of paragraph 3 post 61.. Please read it again.. The paragraph is clearly disussing Patong and how great it is.. Also claims Patong is for the well heeled) it wouldnt matter..

Felt made a statement.. Ben replied to that statement.. I replied to ben..

Understand that chain of posts and events ??

Once again your insistence of arguing moot points in irrelevant details is tedious..

Just so you dont have to go back and try to pick error..

Patong is looking great with a new road near compleation, Jung Clylong and all the new developments on Soi Nanai... Thye are nice as I participate in a sellers party..Now view....

Lost of land to be devloped in Patong and more project for the well heeled. Ask the Bar Owners whom they would like to see in Patong!

You can clearly see the quote is taken from this line as if it had been from the other quotable sections.. The text would have been different 'then well heeled'.. Just need to pay attention to detail.. No changes made for those that read carefully.

So whom is confused ?? Only yourself. Day is not night, black is not white.

Edited by LivinLOS

Even if felt had changed it to 'Patong' (and he didnt 'change' anything.. Quote comes from first words of paragraph 3 post 61.. Please read it again.. The paragraph is clearly disussing Patong and how great it is.. Also claims Patong is for the well heeled) it wouldnt matter..

Once again your insistence of arguing moot points in irrelevant details is tedious..

Hahahah Quality! I'm now the one who's being tedious and trying to discuss the irrelevant? Go back to the last page and look at who started it all, will you? Look at who started this chain of posts. :o And SoiSong did talk about Phuket as being a place for the well heeled before he talked about Patong.

well i;m amazed that most people think a big shopping mall on a tropical beach is an added attraction

Personally if i want to shop I do it in the city

If i go to a beach I want some relaxation surrounded by nature.

the beach should be an escape from the city.

I fail to see any nature in patong and it becoming a city

and other beaches are going the same way.

everyone is more than welcome to go to the tacky sh*tp*t

as long as they don't come to my slice of paradise and start putting up and demanding tasteless development

and jetskies in my neck of the woods then its a good thing.

Unfortuately bad taste prevails in this world with the lowest common denominator spoling evrything for the rest of us

well i;m amazed that most people think a big shopping mall on a tropical beach is an added attraction

Personally if i want to shop I do it in the city

If i go to a beach I want some relaxation surrounded by nature.

the beach should be an escape from the city.

I fail to see any nature in patong and it becoming a city

and other beaches are going the same way.

everyone is more than welcome to go to the tacky sh*tp*t

as long as they don't come to my slice of paradise and start putting up and demanding tasteless development

and jetskies in my neck of the woods then its a good thing.

Unfortuately bad taste prevails in this world with the lowest common denominator spoling evrything for the rest of us

You are quite welcome to your own slice of heaven ... be that actually in Thailand ... or in Blighty ... but maybe you should visit Phuket sometime :o

Hahahah Quality! I'm now the one who's being tedious and trying to discuss the irrelevant? Go back to the last page and look at who started it all, will you? Look at who started this chain of posts.

OK if you insist...

I believe you brought it up first on post 66 ??? Ohh yes so you did !! Do you need me to go back and quote that also ?? It is in black and white after all.

And SoiSong did talk about Phuket as being a place for the well heeled before he talked about Patong.

So I take that as your now admitting you were wrong, that you didnt read it clearly, and you fired off half cocked blaming me for misquoting.. do I ??

To those reading the petty posts of the last page.. I apologise for my share..

Just find it annoying being misslabelled and criticised by people who haven't followed the posts. I'll go for a swim and cool off :o !!

Edited by LivinLOS