Hi all

My friends have their ILR interview in around a months time, does anyone have a full list of what evidence and paperwork ect they will need to provide? He has just lost his job, will this make any difference to the interview? Our interview is in October so it will be of help to us as well.

Many thanks

hello there

yes sorry scouser and eveyone else ,i ment to say he is going to send in papers or go do it on the day, but like i said My friend ( and his thai wife) will put there papers in around a months time, does anyone have a full list of what evidence and paperwork ect they will need to provide? He has just lost his job, will this make any difference to the interview? Our interview is in October so it will be of help to us as well.

agian sorry for not giving right details

pete and som

You have to submit various documents for each of the the two years (ideally 10 from 5 different official sources per year), which are either in joint names, or are addressed separately, but were sent to the same address. There is no interview as such, they just scan through the supporting papers. However, you do have to demonstrate that you have supported, or the applicant has supported herself, without recourse to public funds. Job Seekers Allowance is not considered to be a public fund as it is contributions-based, but the Income Support element is considered to be a public fund.

Scouse.

hello there

yes sorry scouser and eveyone else ,i ment to say he is going to send in papers or go do it on the day, but like i said My friend ( and his thai wife) will put there papers in around a months time, does anyone have a full list of what evidence and paperwork ect they will need to provide? He has just lost his job, will this make any difference to the interview? Our interview is in October so it will be of help to us as well.

agian sorry for not giving right details

pete and som

cheers scouser

just one other thing what happens if he cannot get a full time job ??? and only gets a part time job???

is there a web site we could look at??/

many thanks mate ( one day i will buy you plentry of beer)

pete and som

Hi

We too have to make our application in a couple of months, I'm very worried as I lost my job 20 months ago, my wife does work though, do they check whether I have been claiming benefit? We have also recently had a child, does this help with the ILR ?

You are perfectly entitled to claim benefit as long as no proportion of it is in respect of your wife and they will take in to account her earnings when considering maintenance. Indeed, providing that all else with the application is satisfactory, it is unlikely that your wife would be refused solely on maintenance grounds. The Immigration Directorate Instructions state:-

....indefinite leave to remain is rarely refused on maintenance and accommodation grounds - either on their own or in combination with other grounds. To ensure a consistent approach across IND, maintenance and accommodation should be included in the grounds for refusal onlywith the agreement of an SEO or above.

Scouse.