One Stop Visa And Work Permit Center On Ratchadaphisek

I went to the One Stop Visa And Work Permit Center in Krisda Plaza on Ratchadaphisek this afternoon to do my 90 day report, and discovered that they have moved out.

What I understood from the security guard and the tiny photocopied notice in the lobby (Thai Language only on the notice... you'd think that the exclusive visa center would post their notice in English and Thai, but no...) is that they have relocated to the Rasa Towers on Pahonyothin Road, close to Central Lad Prao, opening on he 16th of February.

I was bummed, because I had just come from Central Lad Prao, but there was nothing I could do about it because they wouldn't be open for business anyway. So, I'll go back tomorrow and check it out.

If anyone needs the services of this office, be warned, and save yourself a trip!

Edited by bino

Here is a link to a map.

Rasa Tower complex is on Pahonyothin Road, at the corner of Soi Pahonyothin 19. Easy to find... approx 200 metres from Central Lad Prao going towards Major Cineplex Ratchayothin, and opposite from the old Magicland amusement park.

The One Stop Visa And Work Permit Center / Board Of Investment office is on the 16th floor of Tower II.

The full address is 555 Pahonyothin Road, Chatuchak, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900, Thailand.

They aren't very organized yet, but I guess that is to be expected after relocating and will improve once they get settled in.

I've been chuckling to myself about the address, 555. Probably one of their pat responses. You want a work permit??? Ha ha ha! You want to invest in Thailand??? Ha ha ha!

Edited by bino

• 1 year later...

approx 200 metres from Central Lad Prao

Visa And Work Permit Center / Board Of Investment office is on the 16th floor of Tower II.

555 Pahonyothin Road, Chatuchak, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900, Thailand.

is this the same place? or is it two places?

coz I thought chatuchak was no-where near to lad prao!

i thought that chatuchak was near to Mo Chit station,, (weekend market).. and lad-prao is very very far from that!

approx 200 metres from Central Lad Prao

Visa And Work Permit Center / Board Of Investment office is on the 16th floor of Tower II.

555 Pahonyothin Road, Chatuchak, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900, Thailand.

is this the same place? or is it two places?

coz I thought chatuchak was no-where near to lad prao!

i thought that chatuchak was near to Mo Chit station,, (weekend market).. and lad-prao is very very far from that!

Very far?? No-where near? Actually, in fact it is very close. On the subway, Central Lad Prao is only one station away from Mo Chit. (Pahon Yothin Station)

You could walk from Mo Chit to Central Lad Prao / One Stop Visa center in about 20 mins, except that getting across the weird junction at Vipavadi Rangsit road would be a real drag.

The Chatuchak "district area" is more than just the market and is actually quite big... encompassing the market area, Central Lad Prao, Ratchayothin, and following Pahonyothin road for a long way.

Edit- Better still, follow the map link on my earlier post. You will see the Mo Chit Station, Chatuchak Market, Central Lad Prao, and the Visa Center is under the "+" at the map center.

Edited by bino

Lat Phao at the time Central opened was not an official district of Bangkok and was a section of Bangkapi and was used to refer to the general area. The final land area of Lat Phao does not include Central Lat Phao, or Lat Phao branch of Bangkok Bank or many other establishments using the Lat Phao name dating back several decades.