Pattaya City News

gharknes

It is not browser specific. I cannot get www.pattayacitynews.net from Oz using FireFox, IE or Opera.

Time to have a deep and meaningful discussions with the ISP about their ability to provide the service.

Not available MaxNet 9:30am Sunday

Perhaps they have offended the Thai Goverenment and it is officially blocked

Well Guys, sorry once again for the poor service, but this time it only applied to those accessing the site from Thailand.

I had the same problem as you, I could not access the site here in Pattaya. I went through a proxy server and checked the server status with the web host and on both occassions there were no problems.

Had the worst happened...had the site been blocked by the Thai Authorities!!!! The answer is yes.....but I later found out that it had been blocked by mistake.

I contacted a friend who has a good contact in the Department of High Tech Crime which is a division of the Department of Information Technology in Bangkok. A few emails and calls later and its back with an apology from the Deputy Head of the Department. I was a bit worried there for a time but had a back up plan if the site was legitimately blocked.

Normal service is now resumed....for now.....until something else happens!!!!

Howard

Pattaya City News

Well Guys, sorry once again for the poor service, but this time it only applied to those accessing the site from Thailand.

I had the same problem as you, I could not access the site here in Pattaya. I went through a proxy server and checked the server status with the web host and on both occassions there were no problems.

Had the worst happened...had the site been blocked by the Thai Authorities!!!! The answer is yes.....but I later found out that it had been blocked by mistake.

I contacted a friend who has a good contact in the Department of High Tech Crime which is a division of the Department of Information Technology in Bangkok. A few emails and calls later and its back with an apology from the Deputy Head of the Department. I was a bit worried there for a time but had a back up plan if the site was legitimately blocked.

Normal service is now resumed....for now.....until something else happens!!!!

Howard

Pattaya City News

I still cant get on there, Maybe it will come back on soon, Ill keep trying..

I just clicked into the site at 11.47pm Thai local time and it appears fine. I found that a few refreshes of the browser used to do the trick but just now I got in first time.

Britmaveric - All I can say is that the server is OK and according to its audited stats from February, the server has a 99.7% uptime. Maybe you are experiencing the 0.3% at the moment. Sorry mate!!!

Well, I had no proiblem accessing the site, but no update since 24th Feb. Having a dirty weekend, Howard?

I wish!!!

I have this morning accessed the site from three different Thai ISP's including Maxnet, EGO and CSLoxinfo. No probpems on each. If you are still having problems, please refresh your browser a few times otherwise post your probplems here and I will try and sort it out.

Howard

There are still some issues with a number of Thai ISP's. Basically the website was blocked and then unblocked which has caused access probpems with some Thai ISP's. This probem should rectify itself over the next few days. I have sent emails to as many Thai ISP's as I can to inform them (in Thai) of the problem.

Indeed, not suggesting otherwise.

I do know however that these blocking decisions are often made in a capricious manner.

I find it hard to believe the website of a news organisation is unintentionally blocked. I hope you can forgive my cynicism.

Still can't access the site BTW.