Big Joke: UK woman was not raped on Phuket; Thai "sushi maker" arrested

rooster59

10 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Tell us why ladies have to be warned about Thai men specific when the very same actually happens everywhere in the world, including their home countries?

I think it's because we are talking about Thailand because it's a forum mostly about Thailand. I think he knows that it happens in all countries and that some countries it's even worse than Thailand.

Thai society is a bit behind Western societies regarding rape. Evident by how it's depicted in Thai TV dramas and how cops treat rape victims. 

Saying all Thai men are rapists is absolutely false. Most Thai people, just like most people everywhere in the world have empathy and don't enjoy traumatizing people... 

12 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Rubbish.

25 years ago in the UK, a neighbour`s 32 year old wife decided to meet her friend (another female) for a drink in a pub on a Friday evening after work.

At midnight an hour after the pub closing time she did not arrive home. Her husband started to worry and went out walking the streets looking for her without success, also did not know the friend she was meeting, just someone from work she said. At 3.00 in the morning still no wife at home and her husband called the police. He was told a person has to be no show for 24 hours before the police treat a case as a missing person unless involving a minor.

At 10.00 the following morning his wife turned up. When he asked his wife where she`d been, said; she got drunk, a guy in the pub offered to give her a lift home. Then after that all she could remember was waking up in the guy`s bed the following morning. The husband decided to call the police to report his wife had been abducted and raped. But his wife was adamant she did not want the police involved.

Suspecting something was off with her story her husband visited the pub and asked the barman and some customers questions. It transpired that his wife had met a friend in there, but got chatting with a male customer. Several drinks later her friend left the pub and the guy`s wife willingly went off with the guy. The husband was told that his wife and the guy were openly flirting with each other and both were very drunk.

A short time later the husband filed for divorce after 8 years of marriage, deciding his wife could never be trusted after that incident.

Now for example this would have happened in Thailand, thousands of miles away from her home turf and those she knows, she would had probably said she`d been taken advantage off and raped to protect her own reputation.

So saying this is a male Thai trait is just bigoted nonsense.

Thailand definitely has a strange view in rape... Not saying all Thai men are rapists or that only Thailand has this problem or similar problems and ofcourse there's rapists everywhere in the world..

Read this..  https://undertheropes.com/2016/04/01/rape-culture-in-thailand/

We are talking about a country where the PM has made a couple of statements that reflect this issue.

He said tourists shouldn't wear bikinis, specially if they were pretty. This is after the rape and murder on Koh Tao. Victim blaming at it's worst. Implying that men can't be held responsible for their urge to rape... Taking away responsibility from the rapists and putting the blame on the victim.

He also made some remarks regarding women being like candy that should be in proper wrappings as to not get spoiled.. this was in regards to song kran dresscode... 

Again, I want to stress that Thailand is nowhere near the worst or alone in any way and that I believe most Thai people have empathy and would never ever rape anyone.

Edited by hobz

8 minutes ago, hobz said:

Saying all Thai men are rapists is absolutely false.

Not sure how good your reading comprehension skills are, but mine are fine.

This what the poster said

there is a strong likelihood she will be taken advantage of and probably raped by a local.  Thai men are like that so be warned.

Edited by janclaes47

1 hour ago, JimP said:

Nice one.  Blame the victim.  Would you have 'taught her a lesson' by sticking your digit in her? You're sick.

It's very easy to make yourself a victim....smart people don't do that...others might get smarter after a lesson.

Why am i sick? i'm from Europe as well and know how girls there are...that's why i have a Thai wife now.

2 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Not sure how good your reading comprehension skills are, but mine are fine.

This what the poster said

there is a strong likelihood she will be taken advantage of and probably raped by a local.  Thai men are like that so be warned.

"Thai men are like that" implies that all Thai men are like that. If I misunderstood, I'm sorry.

47 minutes ago, JimP said:

Did you admonish your girlfriend for riding the bus?  Did you shame her like you shame and blame the raped person featured in the article?  What possessed you to put your girlfriend in danger in India knowing the men would want to grab her?  She had no other choice?  Really? How so? You were there. Why didn't you help her?  Why'd you take the top bunk and let your girlfriend get groped below you?  She let a stranger sit on her bed???!!!  Sounds to me like she was flirting with him, asking for it.  Kind of the way you said the Brit was asking for it with the sushi maker, eh?  

Let me tell you this dude.

My ex-gf was a lot tougher than those silly girls who go alone to Thailand to get too drunk. My ex was a tourguide for Thailand when she was 22, she did that all alone and brought the groups all over thailand....she got robbed in the north, raped in the south, had to rescue stupid tourists'of her group their lives and bring them to hospital....and so on....she didn't care for anything and sure was no crybaby but learned from it...that's why she kicked the guy in the train out of her bed, he was lucky i didn't see it or could''t find him though...

And for the rest i'm done with your remarks, you go on the ignore list dude....guess you're a backpacker or so....hope you learn it the hard way cause if you had said all this to me in person you would have....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Thian said:

It's very easy to make yourself a victim....smart people don't do that...others might get smarter after a lesson.

Why am i sick? i'm from Europe as well and know how girls there are...that's why i have a Thai wife now.

You are sick if you have no empathy for someone that went through something extremely traumatic. 

You can think they are stupid etc, that's all ok.

But at least have some empathy. I hope you do.

1 minute ago, hobz said:

You are sick if you have no empathy for someone that went through something extremely traumatic. 

You can think they are stupid etc, that's all ok.

But at least have some empathy. I hope you do.

Solly mate, i don't agree...and no i'm not sick....i'm just tired of ignorant/stubborn westerners who won't listen to anybody....i also learned a lot of life the hard way which is fine...what doesn't kill you makes you stronger is my motto. And nope, i wouldn't have touched her at all, also not brought her home or have a drink with her since i don't fall for alcoholics...don't like them at all actually.

Just now, Thian said:

Solly mate, i don't agree...and no i'm not sick....i'm just tired of ignorant/stubborn westerners who won't listen to anybody....i also learned a lot of life the hard way which is fine...what doesn't kill you makes you stronger is my motto. And nope, i wouldn't have touched her at all, also not brought her home or have a drink with her since i don't fall for alcoholics...don't like them at all actually.

I guess sick is a misused word. I understand being tired of ignorant idiots. Its difficult to have empathy for someone that you don't know I guess. 

21 minutes ago, hobz said:

I guess sick is a misused word. I understand being tired of ignorant idiots. Its difficult to have empathy for someone that you don't know I guess. 

Not even that...we have raped brittish girls here on the forum every week..ALL of them were alcoholics to start with...and they even don't know what happened exactly cause they drank too much. They also didn't have a boyfriend (so strange, who wants an alcoholic gf?) but they decided they were so brave to go backpacking alone at the other side of the world.

I met loads of them when i was a backpacker myself...in Australia there was a brittish girl who was so drunk she let the whole shared bedroom do her in the shower, 8 of them! while i was sleeping...not interested in her...she also wouldn't speak to me cause she had a huge attitude....perfect.

Sure i know there are also decent girls going to travel around the world alone but hey it's very dangerous to that, especially in Asia or South America. And not only for getting raped, they can also get robbed easy, even by other westerners.

9 out of 10 who got raped in thailand were brittish or ozzies....why is that? No they were not dutch/german/french/swedish/danes/americans but mostly brittish...while the other nationalities also are here to travel, even single girls...

And haven't you guys ever seen the ladettes? I bet you did! if not let me know and i'll send you the video's from programs like Georgie shore (or something like that)..

Or video's of how they behave in lloret da mar Spain.

Yes call me sick, i think those kind of girls are sick and i hope for them that they get old with their sickness but i don't think they will. Also i don't understand why girls like this one go to the police, now all their friends know what she did...good luck finding a decent bf now.

23 minutes ago, Thian said:

Not even that...we have raped brittish girls here on the forum every week..ALL of them were alcoholics to start with...and they even don't know what happened exactly cause they drank too much. They also didn't have a boyfriend (so strange, who wants an alcoholic gf?) but they decided they were so brave to go backpacking alone at the other side of the world.

I met loads of them when i was a backpacker myself...in Australia there was a brittish girl who was so drunk she let the whole shared bedroom do her in the shower, 8 of them! while i was sleeping...not interested in her...she also wouldn't speak to me cause she had a huge attitude....perfect.

Sure i know there are also decent girls going to travel around the world alone but hey it's very dangerous to that, especially in Asia or South America. And not only for getting raped, they can also get robbed easy, even by other westerners.

9 out of 10 who got raped in thailand were brittish or ozzies....why is that? No they were not dutch/german/french/swedish/danes/americans but mostly brittish...while the other nationalities also are here to travel, even single girls...

And haven't you guys ever seen the ladettes? I bet you did! if not let me know and i'll send you the video's from programs like Georgie shore (or something like that)..

Or video's of how they behave in lloret da mar Spain.

Yes call me sick, i think those kind of girls are sick and i hope for them that they get old with their sickness but i don't think they will. Also i don't understand why girls like this one go to the police, now all their friends know what she did...good luck finding a decent bf now.

I don't know you, but the way you come off makes you seem kind of sick. There's this undertone of hatred / bitterness / misogany. 

Maybe it's because you are focusing on these negative people and your (rightfully) negative emotions towards them comes out and taints everything else you say.. I don't know.. me myself I'm a perfect angel ????

1 minute ago, hobz said:

I don't know you, but the way you come off makes you seem kind of sick. There's this undertone of hatred / bitterness / misogany. 

Maybe it's because you are focusing on these negative people and your (rightfully) negative emotions towards them comes out and taints everything else you say.. I don't know.. me myself I'm a perfect angel ????

Sure you are! You'll be the one who can decide who's sick and who's not right? I live in a city where there's a university for psychiatrists and all those kind of psychodoctors...but let me tell you this..those kind of students are the worst and are the ones who need their own treatments the most...yes girls like the one from this thread can become a student psychology or anthropology...

I have nothing with people like that, don't need any books to tell me what's right or wrong, smart or stupid...also don't need a religion for that.

Also i don't judge people i don't know and sure not in public, i would do it right in their face and don't care if others would hear that or not or what they would think of it.

But yes, those people exist, i know that...those are not interesting to me though.

1 hour ago, hobz said:

Thailand definitely has a strange view in rape... Not saying all Thai men are rapists or that only Thailand has this problem or similar problems and ofcourse there's rapists everywhere in the world..

Read this..  https://undertheropes.com/2016/04/01/rape-culture-in-thailand/

We are talking about a country where the PM has made a couple of statements that reflect this issue.

He said tourists shouldn't wear bikinis, specially if they were pretty. This is after the rape and murder on Koh Tao. Victim blaming at it's worst. Implying that men can't be held responsible for their urge to rape... Taking away responsibility from the rapists and putting the blame on the victim.

He also made some remarks regarding women being like candy that should be in proper wrappings as to not get spoiled.. this was in regards to song kran dresscode... 

Again, I want to stress that Thailand is nowhere near the worst or alone in any way and that I believe most Thai people have empathy and would never ever rape anyone.

The PM was absolutely spot on. Girls that walk about virtually undressed are sending out all the wrong signals that they are promiscuous.

It certainly won't help the creepers to keep their hands off. They're suggesting they want sexual attention dressing that way, eventually they'll get it.

It`s the same old argument that has been going on for decades. If women don`t want to bring unwelcome attentions to themselves, then why dress or act in ways that does? And the PM is also correct that the more attractive and the more provocative they behave and dress, will be attracting the most male attention.

Normal healthy males do get sexually aroused when they see attractive young woman baring lots of female flesh, even I do, only I`m not a rapist and can control my urges. It`s nature, a fact of life and it`s not going to change.

Edited by cyberfarang
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Goldieinkathu said:

Wow, this thread is really shocking, not only the OP but some of the comments even more so.

As a female I wish that you were all made to put up your real profile pictures, that way all the females reading this thread could avoid members who clearly have no empathy for others or think that this whole subject is a laugh should they ever meet them in real life.

Subject is a laugh? Nothing funny about women being sexually molested or raped.

Most of us are discussing ways in which women might help prevent them from placing themselves into situations that can make them more vulnerable to sexual attention and assaults. Sorry you can`t see that.

11 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Subject is a laugh? Nothing funny about women being sexually molested or raped.

Most of us are discussing ways in which women might help prevent them from placing themselves into situations that can make them more vulnerable to sexual attention and assaults. Sorry you can`t see that.

You need to go back and read all this thread, it's clear to me that it's a big joke to some.

You are right the subject is no laughing matter and the comments are more telling about some of the people who post on this forum.

53 minutes ago, Goldieinkathu said:

You need to go back and read all this thread, it's clear to me that it's a big joke to some.

You are right the subject is no laughing matter and the comments are more telling about some of the people who post on this forum.

One reason I`ll give that some may not like, is that in such cases women have been known to exaggerate their claims or falsely claim they were raped after a night out of partying to cover promiscuous behaviours or protect their own reputations.

What exactly do we know about the case reported in the OP? Only that the girl was drinking at a bar alone and ended up in some guy`s house. Back in my younger days I used to go to wine bars and discos, start chatting to a girl, we would spend the evening drinking, chatting and flirting and then at most times ended up spending the night together. We only have the girl`s word that she passed out and was unawares what was happening to her. Why did she not simply ask a bar staff member to call her a taxi?

What IF, the guy is totally innocent, the girl was flirting with him at the bar and willingly went with him? As in many of these cases a lot of it doesn`t have logic and it`s usually just taken on word alone. 

If for example the guy was seen carrying the girl out of the bar already passed out, then maybe this story might hold some more credibility. At the moment I`m 50/50 on this.

Edited by cyberfarang

23 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

One reason I`ll give that some may not like, is that in such cases women have been known to exaggerate their claims or falsely claim they were raped after a night out of partying to cover promiscuous behaviours or protect their own reputations.

What exactly do we know about the case reported in the OP? Only that the girl was drinking at a bar alone and ended up in some guy`s house. Back in my younger days I used to go to wine bars and discos, start chatting to a girl, we would spend the evening drinking, chatting and flirting and then at most times ended up spending the night together. We only have the girl`s word that she passed out and was unawares what was happening to her. Why did she not simply ask a bar staff member to call her a taxi?

What IF, the guy is totally innocent, the girl was flirting with him at the bar and willingly went with him? As in many of these cases a lot of it doesn`t have logic and it`s usually just taken on word alone. 

If for example the guy was seen carrying the girl out of the bar already passed out, then maybe this story might hold some more credibility. At the moment I`m 50/50 on this.

What are you rambling about? He admits, he had sex with her "while she was asleep"

You need to get with it.

"The suspect told the police that he met the woman at Kata Green Beach Bar. The couple spent some time drinking together before Mr Amnag took the foreign woman to his place and had sexual intercourse with her while she was asleep. In the morning the woman woke up and, shocked, ran away form the room, Mr Amnag added."

1 hour ago, Goldieinkathu said:

What are you rambling about? He admits, he had sex with her "while she was asleep"

You need to get with it.

"The suspect told the police that he met the woman at Kata Green Beach Bar. The couple spent some time drinking together before Mr Amnag took the foreign woman to his place and had sexual intercourse with her while she was asleep. In the morning the woman woke up and, shocked, ran away form the room, Mr Amnag added."

The man admitted he had sex with the girl while she was asleep. This doesn`t mean that she did not consent to go with him. And also it was proven he did not have full sexual intercourse with the girl. She may have still been awake when the activities started. This still does not confirm the guy is a rapist. As I said, why did the girl not ask staff to call her a taxi? Still many holes in this story.

21 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Penetrated by the same filthy finger he uses to pick his nose. I am sure non consensual sex of any kind is RAPE.

21 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Did the police smell his finger,then decide he only Penetrated her

with his finger,if he was a sushi maker his fingers would smell 

fishy anyway, this seem to be a ploy be the Police to say no rape

occurred.so no more bad news.

regards worgeordie

21 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

I tend to agree with Aussieroaming above. Here is an English Dictionary definition of rape................

rape

[reyp]
ExamplesWord Origin

See more synonyms for rape on Thesaurus.com

noun
  1. unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the vagina, anus, or mouth of another person, with or without  force, by a sex organ, other body part, or foreign object, without the consent of the victim.

20 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Perhaps someone should bring "Big Joke" up to speed on what the word consensual means.

While sex is considered an activity, until recently, it commonly referred to an activity shared between people, as in the familiar phrase, “having sex.” Implicit in the concept of sex is consent. Without consent, sexual activity becomes rape. ... Thus, the very term nonconsensual sex” is an oxymoron.

These clowns will do anything to try and distort the truth for the sake of tourist dollars, i.e. Thailand is a safe place for you to come and spend your money while we try and advantage of you and give you our smile for flee.....

20 hours ago, colinneil said:

Big Joke you are the biggest clown ever here.

No rape, wrong finger/ penis, whatever he used she was Raped.

T.A.T. must love you opening your BIG mouth, the one man helping destroy Thai tourism, just so he can get media coverage.

20 hours ago, worgeordie said:

The authorities are saying it was not rape, another rape case

would have been bad news for tourism,that's what I mean.

regards worgeordie

nobody said there was no crime, nobody said the girl lied. according to the article she was checked at the hospital. Police file charges according to the law and not the dictionary and apparently as started in the op: 

A man has been charged with penetrating the woman via a sexual organ, anus or mouth.

• Confused 3

14 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

nobody said there was no crime, nobody said the girl lied. according to the article she was checked at the hospital. Police file charges according to the law and not the dictionary and apparently as started in the op: 

A man has been charged with penetrating the woman via a sexual organ, anus or mouth.

You have no idea about things here, your post is utter nonsense.... police file charges according to the law:cheesy::cheesy: What planet are you living on?

• Like 2