Sms Translation

Hexkraut

The transcription is completely inconsistent, so there will have to be some guess work here. A Thai would do it better than me, because they are more likely to guess the right word from the context, even when the transcription is weird.

Anyways, from what I think I can make of it:

I have you, so I have (rew??)

the day that... (hau), so (jang hiay)

With you in my heart, the whole world feels safe and warm

How about มีเธอจีงมีเรา วันที่เหงาจีงจางหาย ?

เหงา is admittedly a bit of a stretch for "hau". but it seems to fit the context at least.

Edited by mike_l

how do you translate SMS's?

mee ther jeung mee rew. wan tee hau jeung jang hiay. mee ther nai hua jai look tang bai ciang opoun

thanks for any help.

in having you i have myself. my broken heart can fade away. with you in my heart the whole world feels safe and warm.

my guesses for the difficult parts: มีเธอจึงมีเรา and วันที่แห้วจึงจางหาย.

what is ciang? anyone?

all the best.

edit: i googled the first bit and found this and several other variations immediately. มีเธอจึงมีเรา วันที่เหงาจึงจางหาย มีเธอในหัวใจ ใจทั้งใจก็อบอุ่น

Edited by aanon

mee ther jeung mee rew. wan tee hau jeung jang hiay. mee ther nai hua jai look tang bai ciang opoun

thanks for any help.

มีเธอจึงมีเรา - there is you so there is us

วันที่เหงาจึงจางหาย - lonely day then fade away

มีเธอในหัวใจ - with you in my heart

โลกทั้งใบช่างอบอุ่น - my whole world is so warm

Edited by yoot

thanks for any help.

in having you i have myself. my broken heart can fade away. with you in my heart the whole world feels safe and warm.

my guesses for the difficult parts: มีเธอจึงมีเรา and วันที่แห้วจึงจางหาย.

what is ciang? anyone?

all the best.

edit: i googled the first bit and found this and several other variations immediately. มีเธอจึงมีเรา วันที่เหงาจึงจางหาย มีเธอในหัวใจ ใจทั้งใจก็อบอุ่น

I think it is เคียง normally paired in ใกล้เคียง

thanks for any help.

Thanks a lot!

How did you come up with the Thai characters based on the english letters? I can't figure out how to translate my SMS's when written in the english letters.

Buy a dictionary I guess. Where to start? I looked at the online dictionaries but they are not much help. Thanks.

thanks for any help.

Thanks a lot!

How did you come up with the Thai characters based on the english letters? I can't figure out how to translate my SMS's when written in the english letters.

Buy a dictionary I guess. Where to start? I looked at the online dictionaries but they are not much help. Thanks.

Yoot is Thai, so he knows much better than those of us who are not, what a possible sentence in Thai is.

In order to take a stab at a karaoke text such as this one, that is not just standard phrases, you will need to study Thai a few years first. A dictionary won't help because the transcription used in that SMS is all over the place. You will have to guess, and base those guesses on your knowledge of sentence structure and vocabulary.

I couldn't guess จางหาย for example, because I had never heard it, only familiar with หาย in isolation.

thanks for any help.

mee ther jeung mee raw : there is you so there is us (could it be " because we have each other"??)

let's say

because we have each other therefore those lonely days were faded away. because i have you in my heart so my whole world is so warm.

thanks for any help.

Thanks a lot!

Yoot is Thai, so he knows much better than those of us who are not, what a possible sentence in Thai is.

Let's face it, Khun Yoot is probably younger than many of us and has sent and received far more valentine messages over the past years than the rest of us combined. Regardless, after finding the original transliteration impossible to parse, I click my heels and tip my hat to his translation of a genre this old fart now finds nearly alien.