Immigration police step up operations against romance scammers

rooster59

Immigration police step up operations against romance scammers

Tanakorn Sangiam

22-_180422_0001-1024x576.jpg

BANGKOK, 9 November 2018 (NNT) - The Immigration Bureau police are taking steps to eradicate romance scammers and fraudulent call-center groups which have already caused some two million baht in damages to their victims. 

Acting Immigration Bureau Commissioner Pol Maj Gen Surachate Hakparn announced progress in the operations to eradicate those allegedly involved in romance scams and call-center frauds, from which 16 suspects in romance scams and three others in call-center frauds have been arrested. 

Fourteen Thai suspects have been arrested for alleged involvement in romance scams, and three others for call- center frauds while two foreigners have been arrested for alleged involvement in romance scams. 

These scammers have operated on facebook as Fast Racing Shop, Me Online Center, and Top Hit Shopping, tricking unsuspected users into transferring money to them, given empty promises of products to be delivered. The scammers have caused a total of about two million baht in damages to some 1,500 victims across the country. 

Two foreign nationals and a Thai agent have also been arrested for allegedly producing fake documents and forging the seal of the Department of Consular Affairs for use in the application for visa extension.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-11-11

Misleading propaganda. Everybody knows, so big Joke also does, that most of those scammers operate from their home country, like Ghana or Nigeria and they don't have to leave their country to collect their money.

Unless big Joke is going to those countries to "arrest" them there it useless to prosecute those people  (If Big Joke is admitted to those countries, what I doubt.)

So it's misleading to say: " No more romance scams ". He can find the few criminals that operates within Thailand, that's not so hard, but stop it? No way!

He just goes on with the job that he did before he was placed at Immigration police.

He should reform the whole immigration and Visa system if he's so good as he tries to be, for me he is and stays a big Joke.

Edited by RotMahKid

Another day and another huge poster for this megastar. 

Big posters featuring bad black man and good Big Joke do nothing to prevent gullible women from being scammed from far afield. This scam has been going on since the internet was invented. One would think these lonely hearts would be starting to wake up by now. Or does desperation get the better of them?

6 minutes ago, Juan B Tong said:

This must refer to blacks scamming innocent Thai girls.

Thai girls scamming foreign men is condoned.

Yep! If not it should be. If a person is only thinking with the small head, they deserve all that is coming to them.

Even if not thinking with the small head, the rest of the situations are completely based up on the foreign mans stupidity and blindness to the truth. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I met this beautiful young girl and she promised me to marry me and be nice to me for the rest of her life if I buy her an iPhone, a new motorcycle for her brother, a new pickup for her father, ...

Where can I complain and get my money back?

For all foreigners in that situation, find a mirror.. look at it and start calling your mirror image stupid, and blame him for only thinking with his wrong head. 

Its should be clear the larger the age difference and difference in looks the bigger the chance its about money. This is however not always the case  it certainly happens that relations stay good. Its just like winning the lottery everyone talks about it but it almost never happens.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, robblok said:
3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I met this beautiful young girl and she promised me to marry me and be nice to me for the rest of her life if I buy her an iPhone, a new motorcycle for her brother, a new pickup for her father, ...

Where can I complain and get my money back?

For all foreigners in that situation, find a mirror.. look at it and start calling your mirror image stupid, and blame him for only thinking with his wrong head. 

Its should be clear the larger the age difference and difference in looks the bigger the chance its about money. This is however not always the case  it certainly happens that relations stay good. Its just like winning the lottery everyone talks about it but it almost never happens.

Thanks for your kind advice.

Would you give the same advise to all the women who believe a handsome rich man loves them too much?

Because that was kind of my point. If Thai women get scammed it seems the foreign men are the bad guys.

But if foreign men get scammed then the men are gullible idiots and deserve what they get...

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks for your kind advice.

Would you give the same advise to all the women who believe a handsome rich man loves them too much?

Because that was kind of my point. If Thai women get scammed it seems the foreign men are the bad guys.

But if foreign men get scammed then the men are gullible idiots and deserve what they get...

Same advice goes both ways or course... why would it be different. 

That being said I don't like romance scammers much it can hurt a lot but the scammed person does bear some blame too for not thinking. 

Its just that sometimes its just too obvious and then i do blame the scammed person a bit too