What Does Your Avatar Represent?

ashacat

Mine is simply a photo sent to me by a mate in Australia...a warning sign about cliff edges, but the scale of the plants (presumably meant to be bushes) and the way they are drawn makes it look like a giant falling over a cliff... so the caption when Alan sent this to me was "Beware Falling Giants!".

I always thought it was just odd enough that I should use it to evoke that sense...blah...blah...bulls*it ... I just liked it!

Greer :o

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I guess it's obvious but if not... Buddhism. I chose it because I was a Buddhist monk for 10 years and now I teach Buddhist studies (and other philosophical stuff) at a university here in Chiang Mai. I also chose it because I have the freedom to display it in Thailand without persecution as I suffered in my home country for many years.

My avatar is a made up from Canadian tire money, something that most Canadians would be familiar with. I am sure it means absolutely nothing to anyone else. I just thought it would be nice to get that bundled up old man out of the Canadian winter, and out into the tropics for a bit.

Mostly it is meant to be a bit of a laugh to any fellow Canadians who might be on the forum.

I am planning on making a new one; I am just waiting on some fresh idea. Any suggestions?