Snakes alive! Cases of unwelcome visitors to houses in Thailand on the rise

webfact

14 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

No I don't know the answer and that's why I asked.  Does Thailand have the one shot fits all snake anti venom shot?  But since you are the typical anti poster I looked it up.  I imagine Australia gets it anti venom from Thailand.

Scientists in Thailand have found a way to make a single antivenom that works against 18 species of snake found in Asia and Africa. The team maintains that their version will be more affordable and more widely useful, helping to bring antivenom to the resource-strapped regions that need it most. https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/05/160503-snake-bite-antivenom-asia-africa-animals/

Sorry if i offended you. But i am not anti poster by far, as i don't post much. So why didn't you try and look it up first, as you have the ability to do so. Before accusing someone of being anti poster

Edited by slappy

4 hours ago, slappy said:

Sorry if i offended you. But i am not anti poster by far, as i don't post much. So why didn't you try and look it up first, as you have the ability to do so. Before accusing someone of being anti poster

I did look it up.  The new multiple venom stuff was invented in Thailand and I guess Australia got it from them. 

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/05/160503-snake-bite-antivenom-asia-africa-animals/

4 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

I did look it up.  The new multiple venom stuff was invented in Thailand and I guess Australia got it from them. 

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/05/160503-snake-bite-antivenom-asia-africa-animals/

"Sorry if i offended you. But i am not anti poster by far, as i don't post much. So why didn't you try and look it up first, as you have the ability to do so. Before accusing someone of being anti poster"

It seems you didn't read my post above correctly. If you look it up first, then you wouldn't have asked the question and then accuse me of being an anti poster. I have the dignity to say sorry to your reply, but you haven't the dignity to do the same with your reply. 

On 11/13/2018 at 10:48 PM, cyberfarang said:

The reason snakes are coming into homes is because people are destroying their habitat and being pushed into populated areas.

It is humans that are the problem, not the snakes.

Humans have always invaded their territory, but why the big increase now?

Hello Mac98, post 38,

No, there is no more snake than before. There would be less.
But only, as they are driven out of their natural habitat, (large grasses, holes, bushes, trees etc ..., places where they found their food and freshness) now we see them. they must eat and take shelter.
It's simple.

From the snakes perspective:

Must eat. Hungry. Too hot. Grass cut. Concrete. Slither. Taste air. Nice cool hole. Follow it. Slither. Taste air. Moist. Cool. Dark. Hungry. Forward. Slither. Taste air. Moist. Small hole widens. Moist. Wet. Taste air. Hungry. Wait. Dark. Wait. Taste air. LIGHT! TASTE AIR! MOTION! TASTE AIR! HUNGRY! COIL! TENSE! TASTE AIR! MOTION! DARKER! TASTE AIR! MOUSE! PINK! TASTE AIR! HAIRLESS! SMALL! WIGGLING! STRIKE!!!!!

3 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Seems to have carried over to the tourist industry, they are pretty impressive at milking tourists as well!

Why because its 200B for Falang and cheaper for Thai? $9.44 about. Well worth it I got some fabulous pics and am going to go again.

I've never been bothered by Falang prices at attractions, but if they try it on the street, I get pissed. That hardly ever happens to me.