Carpets To Make My Baby's Landing Less Painful

Nepal4me

I want to buy some area carpets. I have a baby running around the apt, climbing onto things and then once in a while falling off things. We have hardwood floors and although the baby hasn't yet serious hurt himself, he does bang his head and we have a round of serious crying. One help to the situation would be to at least have small area carpets strategically located around areas he may fing himself falling down.

Anybody know where I can purchase some area carpets that are not too expensive. I know there are Persian carpet places all over the place but would prefer to just buy some practical, inexpensive, Thai made carpets.

Thanks........

I want to buy some area carpets. I have a baby running around the apt, climbing onto things and then once in a while falling off things. We have hardwood floors and although the baby hasn't yet serious hurt himself, he does bang his head and we have a round of serious crying. One help to the situation would be to at least have small area carpets strategically located around areas he may fing himself falling down.

Anybody know where I can purchase some area carpets that are not too expensive. I know there are Persian carpet places all over the place but would prefer to just buy some practical, inexpensive, Thai made carpets.

Thanks........

There are inexpensive foam squares that interlock in the baby department in many department stores. You can also look around for baby helmets. Not really a helmet but a soft padded "hat" that makes the bumps less painful until he learns to not bang his head into hard objects.

Babies will fall on their head anyway. Is it not in your house on a soft wooden floor then it is outside on the hard concrete. Babies are 'designed' to survive this, not without some pain and discomfort, but that is for learning. You see when something hurts and is discomforting you will stop it. If you climb on things knowing you will fall onto something soft, beware for the first fall outside the house.

By falling and hurting a baby learns very quick what not to do. Don't take away this learning oppertunity as it is a live saving one. Better be there and prevent it.

Another thing. By falling and breaking or having small fractures in bones they will get a lot stronger when healed. It is one of those things martial arts people do to get stronger bones.

Your baby is actually doing the same by nature.

Babies will fall on their head anyway. Is it not in your house on a soft wooden floor then it is outside on the hard concrete. Babies are 'designed' to survive this, not without some pain and discomfort, but that is for learning. You see when something hurts and is discomforting you will stop it. If you climb on things knowing you will fall onto something soft, beware for the first fall outside the house.

By falling and hurting a baby learns very quick what not to do. Don't take away this learning oppertunity as it is a live saving one. Better be there and prevent it.

Another thing. By falling and breaking or having small fractures in bones they will get a lot stronger when healed. It is one of those things martial arts people do to get stronger bones.

Your baby is actually doing the same by nature.

I agree with the sentiments here.

You cannot namby-pamby because it is counterproductive

and if the child is active he/she will just find other things

to collide with than the floor.

I raised three boys (and one princess) and had some moments

when they got to walking/running around stage.

Standing bawling at the top of the stairs with his face covered

in blood after playing Tarzan on the bunk beds.

Running across the lounge , tripping on a rug and flying through

the air at just the right trajectory to catch the edge of a coffee

table with the upper lip.

And (this last one did actually make my heart stop for 2 seconds)

Pouring yourself a coke in one of Daddy's tulip beer glasses and

calmly taking a bite out of the rim.

Don't worry. If your kid is swinging from the light fixtures it's

probably a sign of indestructability.

:o

small pieces of carpet have edges that baby will easily trip on and thus they are a hazard....maybe.....hope I'm not making you worry more. Be sure to make sure any curtain chords or blinds chords are up out of baby's reach since they could get tangles around baby's neck....be sure railings have openings small enough so that baby's head won't fit in...or under......etc.

Sounds like you are a conscienscious parent so you probably know about these things and much much more......you'll both survive, I'm sure.

I got my carpet from "Carpet Express" at MBK (i think 4th floor...next to Index/Concept etc...).

They're prices are quite good, i got about 60 square meters of decent quality carpet for about 30,000 baht.

They came and fitted it, very quick and professional.

I got my carpet from "Carpet Express" at MBK (i think 4th floor...next to Index/Concept etc...).

They're prices are quite good, i got about 60 square meters of decent quality carpet for about 30,000 baht.

They came and fitted it, very quick and professional.

i have seen 60 cm2 pieces of interlocking foam you can buy in sets tocover a play area at a friends house. they seem like a good ideal if you are not worried about aesthetics.

Edited by t.s