Thailand Riviera project shapes up in the west

rooster59

Thailand Riviera project shapes up in the west

Na-ark Rojanasuvan

PNECO611116001001101.png

BANGKOK, 16 November 2018 (NNT) – The Ministry of Tourism and Sports has beefed up the Thailand Riviera project to develop tourism in the west of the country. 

Minister of Tourism and Sports Weerasak Kowsurat said that the Thailand Riviera project aims to boost tourism on the Andaman coast of Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Ranong, and Chumphon. The strategic plan will improve 5 areas of tourism on the western side of Thailand, including infrastructure, competitive edges, cultural identity, sustainability, and management. 

Weerasak indicated that the master plan will be drafted in two months, adding that it will develop freshwater sources, scenic routes, popular dishes, local seafood, adventure activities, tour packages, maps, and yacht piers to generate income for local people. The model will be applied in other coastal provinces.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-11-18

1 hour ago, Gillyflower said:

Most French people wouldn't know what you are talking about

Even I am Dutch and I know where it is, so why you assume the French people wouldn't know?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

Even I am Dutch and I know where it is, so why you assume the French people wouldn't know?

Because I live with 'em.  If I use the word Riviera, they are puzzled.  They don't use the word.  Only foreigners do.  Got it!!

Edited by Gillyflower
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

" Andaman coast of Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Ranong, and Chumphon. "

"Andaman Coast" have I learnt something new today or is that wrong?

ranong is the only one in the andaman coast, they did't check the info prior to publishing

2 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Well, there's the French Riviera and the Italian Riviera, both of them stunningly beautiful, typified by crystal azure blue waters, towering cliffs, hidden coves with sparkling white sand, sweetly scented pine forests, stunning little villages, and all this attracting some of the world's wealthiest people and most beautiful women, made popular by the likes of Cezzane ,Van Gogh, Matisse, Gaugin, and later by Brigitte Bardot and the beautiful people of the sixties. So you can promote a line of sweaty tropical beaches in Thailand with their tidemark of trash, annoying vendors, stray dogs etc any way you want, but to call it a 'Riviera' is inaccurate and inappropriate.

Riviera is an italian word meaning coastline, so by some stretch of credulity they might be said to be right

Edited by Jonah Tenner
  • Like 1

Another huge waste of money, especially given there isn't even the slightest modicum of understanding of the difference between the Gulf and the Andaman. Anyway, not unlike the Kra fantasy, it will keep a bunch of of 'em preoccupied for a few decades trying to first figure that out...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why they don't develop and upgrade the existing infrastructure and places like Hua Hin, Cha Am etc to a western standard.
Better than some other half thought out ideas that are just a waste of money and destroying the environment.

• Like 1